Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempered glass clear screen protector that actually fits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a tempered glass clear screen protector that actually fits?

Every one I've ordered, every YouTube video I've watched, and every forum recommendation I've checked out seems to have issues upon closer inspection.

Abstract Ocean seems to be the default answer here, but judging from this video at 2:37 and 2:42, it too has gaps at the corners and across the bottom.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
1F437068-074D-4434-9872-4EA666A684BE.jpeg

Every one I've ordered, every YouTube video I've watched, and every forum recommendation I've checked out seems to have issues upon closer inspection.

Abstract Ocean seems to be the default answer here, but judging from this video 2:37 and 2:42, it too has gaps at the corners and across the bottom.

I have the AO Matte and I love it. Fits great. I know you asked for clear, but assuming it fits the same.

Abstract Ocean seems to be the default answer here, but judging from this video at 2:37 and 2:42, it too has gaps at the corners and across the bottom.

The screen is NOT symmetrical.
The video you posted shows the owner installing the screen upside down. That tab goes in the upper left not the lower right.

I'm using the "HD Clear" screen protector from Abstract Ocean. The top, bottom, and side edges are a perfect fit.
However, there is the slightest mismatch of both bottom corner radii compared to the Model 3 screen... I can see it if I look very closely from directly in front of the screen, but it can't be seen from the driving position and nobody else will ever notice it.

Side note: I looked at both the glossy & matte finishes before selecting mine. I have a strong preference for the appearance of the glossy one. So far I have not experienced any reflection/glare issues, although I do regularly clean the screen to remove fingerprints. Anyway the surface finish is a personal preference thing so be sure you check out the options.
-Mark

tesla_screen1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mswlogo and buddhra
No that one has horrible glare and shows all the smudges.
In my opinion, you’re going to get some level of glare with a clear vs matte finish. Not sure if there’s much you can do about smudges other than to regularly clean the screen. And for about $16 this one from Amazon is a no brainer. I’ll definitely post some pics for comparison sake though.