Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempest wheel cover replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

droopaloop

2021 MS LR White/Black 21'
Apr 1, 2021
Austin, TX
I'm new to the Tesla community having put down a reservation for a refreshed Model S about a month ago, white on black with the Arachnid wheels. I'm a stickler for looks and just couldn't bring myself to drive a car that expensive with wheels that look as bad as the Tempest wheels do, even if it means picking fashion over function.

Naturally, since ordering, I've been obsessing over all things Tesla I can find on the internet and found these guys:

While these are nothing more than hub caps, I do find them attractive enough that I would consider something similar for the Model S Tempest wheels if that meant a better ride and more milage than the Arachnids. I couldn't find anything on the internet, but figured I would ask here.

I’d love some kind of aero covers for my 21” Turbines. I’ve been looking at Rotiform RSEs plus their Aerodiscs - the RSEs look for everyday driving, and adding the Aerodiscs for road trips might add a little range.

Maybe I’ll go that route when the time comes for new tires; much as I love the look of the 21s, I suspect 19s would be far more comfortable on crappy DC streets.

There's another option for the original 19" Tempest wheels: plasti-dipping the wheel covers. Here's what my MS looks like with black wheel covers. Vinyl decals were added to the wheel caps.

IMG_5784.jpeg

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
There's another option for the original 19" Tempest wheels: plasti-dipping the wheel covers. Here's what my MS looks like with black wheel covers. Vinyl decals were added to the wheel caps.

View attachment 665561
Nice job! I wonder how that would look in metallic grey. What is the silver circle around the edge? Is that part of the actual wheel or something you added?