Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempest wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went through the configurator today and noticed the base option for wheels are now 19" Tempest. When did this happen?

tempest.png

This inventory car claims to have Tempest wheels, but 373 miles range.

2020 Model S | Tesla
How do you fit the recommended snow chains on with those wheel trims? [needs access to lug nut(s).] Suppose the trims have to be removed = a hassle.

traksport.png

new Trak Sport Snow Chains on Tesla Store

That's not a LR+, so that blows my thinking that pretty much all the increase in range was down to the wheel trims.
In fact, that car listing just doesn't make sense. - Current model. Tempest wheels (trims / covers?). Long Range but not +?

Last edited:
How do you fit the recommended snow chains on with those wheel trims? (needs access to lug nut(s). Suppose the trims have to be removed = a hassle.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/traksport-png.83463/
new Trak Sport Snow Chains on Tesla Store

That's not a LR+, so that blows my thinking that pretty much all the increase in range was down to the wheel trims.
In fact, that car listing just doesn't make sense. - Current model. Tempest wheels (trims / covers?). Long Range but not +?

My guess - they are upgrading all recent builds to LR+ range and adding Tempest wheels. The range just hasn't been updated on the site.

Yes, Tempest wheels are almost certainly wheel covers like the Model 3. Should just snap on/off.

I’d say it’s near certain that they aren’t making unique right and left parts, just like they don’t with the directional wheels.

I dunno.... Compare this pic to the (rendering) pic in the OP’s post. This “real” pic is of the right front, and the rendering from the online “build” tool shows left front—and they appear to be mirror-images.... Yes/no???