Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempest Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Arachnid wheels are 21" only but T-Sportline has a very similarly-designed set in 19".
Super lightweight, 23.7 lbs each.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Tesla Arachnid wheels are 21" only but T-Sportline has a very similarly-designed set in 19".
Super lightweight, 23.7 lbs each.
I just ordered those TSS in space gray for my MS for when it arrives...whenever that is! :rolleyes:

Here's the original Tempest wheel covers sprayed with Plasti-dip. I think they look much better than the original 2-tone style.

IMG_5787.jpeg
IMG_5786.jpeg

Reactions: Filter
I'm not a fan of the Tempest Aero Wheel Covers and plan to remove them shortly after I receive my 2021 Model S Long Range.

Are there any changes in style or color of the 19" rims (without the Tempest wheel covers) for the 2021 Model S LR? Anyone want to share a picture? Thanks.

Maybe these are the new Tempest wheels w/o Areo covers????
Just kidding ... wanted to add a little levity as we patiently/impatiently wait for our deliveries. These are 34" wheels with spinners on a custom Hellcat. Saw them today at a custom car show in San Diego. I ordered the 19s on my MS LR. After seeing a posted picture of the Tempest rims, I'm not a big fan. These are amazing, but won't fit on my Tesla. :)

Attachments

• Hellcat Wheels1.jpg
    Hellcat Wheels1.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Hellcat Wheels2.jpg
    Hellcat Wheels2.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 98
OK, they are getting picked on so I have to stand up for the Tempest. They do exactly what they were designed for, getting the Model S over a 400 mile range rating. On back to back 300 mile trips down I-5 I confirmed than leaving them off cost me almost 20 miles of range(higher speed = more aero help). Do the Slipstream’s I have winter tires on look better? Absolutely! It’s like hating the rear wing on a IMSA car, it’s not there for looks, it’s there to do a job.

Reactions: bhzmark
OK, they are getting picked on so I have to stand up for the Tempest. They do exactly what they were designed for, getting the Model S over a 400 mile range rating. On back to back 300 mile trips down I-5 I confirmed than leaving them off cost me almost 20 miles of range(higher speed = more aero help). Do the Slipstream’s I have winter tires on look better? Absolutely! It’s like hating the rear wing on a IMSA car, it’s not there for looks, it’s there to do a job.
Totally agree with you - they do the job for which they were designed. I just wish the style was a bit more to my liking. I suspect I'll end up using the rims for everyday use and add the Areo covers for long trips where the extra range will be appreciated.

Maybe these are the new Tempest wheels w/o Areo covers????
Just kidding ... wanted to add a little levity as we patiently/impatiently wait for our deliveries. These are 34" wheels with spinners on a custom Hellcat. Saw them today at a custom car show in San Diego. I ordered the 19s on my MS LR. After seeing a posted picture of the Tempest rims, I'm not a big fan. These are amazing, but won't fit on my Tesla. :)
Those seem similar:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-08 um 22.35.59.jpg

these are freaking expensive but very well designed by the new aero. they claim to have created a 21 inch rim that keeps the same range as the 19 inch wheels.
Good find!
But the deductable VAT in Sweden is effin 25%, i.e. prices are on par with Teslas own offerings. Hopefully they ship outside EU one day.
but BTT
Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-09 um 19.10.03.jpg