Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary AC outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

simplesolid

Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof
Nov 12, 2016
Florida
Yesterday, after work and getting in the car I noticed that the car was blowing warm air instead of the cool AC air even tho my temp were set to 68 degrees. I call support and they said to reset which I had already tried and didn't fix the issue, in fact nothing that I did fixed the issue so I just continue to drive with the windows open.

Outside was like 78 degrees so it wasn't a big deal. Once I got in the gym I decided to try the app and sure enough I started the climate control and almost immediately I could see the cabin temp dropping, so AC was working again.

Not sure what caused this issue and if it will repeat itself again, anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

I had something similar happen once on my way to work a few months ago. I did reboot while driving which did nothing. Came out after my shift and it had resolved itself. Not sure why it happened and it only happened that one time.

One thing I would think about though: was something obstructing the temp/air flow sensor? It's in the console area just under the armrest. If it's blocked, the temp reading will be inaccurate and could potentially cause that issue.

Yesterday, after work and getting in the car I noticed that the car was blowing warm air instead of the cool AC air even tho my temp were set to 68 degrees. I call support and they said to reset which I had already tried and didn't fix the issue, in fact nothing that I did fixed the issue so I just continue to drive with the windows open.

Outside was like 78 degrees so it wasn't a big deal. Once I got in the gym I decided to try the app and sure enough I started the climate control and almost immediately I could see the cabin temp dropping, so AC was working again.

Not sure what caused this issue and if it will repeat itself again, anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
I had the same thing happen to me. Also tried a reset and got nothing. Parked the car, went into a shop and 30 mins later came back and it had fixed itself. Also an Ap2 car.

Had the exact same issue happen with an outside temperature around 75ºF, went through the same steps (reset, call service, etc.). Next day, no problems. It hasn't happened again. I believe that the outside temperature has something to do with it. For those who experience the problem, it would be valuable to get the outside temperature reading to compare notes.

Sounds like a widespread issue, The temp here in Florida was around 75 too when it happened and I have the AP2 and glass roof as well. Hopefully Tesla will take a closer look at this as I don't want the problem to repeat itself.

I had the same issue today. It was 74 and my ac was set to 67. Blew hot air for the duration of my drive home. Tried resetting and the issue didn't go away. When I came back 30 minutes later to go to the grocery store, the issue seemed to be fixed and the ac was working again... mysterious indeed.

I also had this issue three weeks ago on my delivery day. The AC was ice cold when I picked it up and drove off. It was about 75-80 out. I drove up to the mountains where it was about 15 degrees cooler, parked for a bit, and then the AC wasn't blowing cold air for my return back to warm weather. Sounds like a bug. Brand new 100D.