Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary European Fog Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw on the facebook side of Telsa this photo here, form a Tesla from Norway:
885572_10151490756127801_931085061_o.jpg

What about this light in the bottom of the rear?
It looks very ugly there.

Then I wanted to check if it's European issue or an Norway one and saw this picture from Germany:
857903_10151480344262801_1987872227_o.jpg

There is no light applyed under the rear.

European rear fog lights, no doubt. I think a more elegant solution would have been to swap out the passive red retro-reflectors on the lower edge of the bumper as many other automakers have done.
Yes, its the fog light that is required by law in Norway (and many other countries). Tesla was asked about this at the recent Tesla event in Norway, and it was revealed that the fog light will be incorporated in the existing lights somehow. (On the european models, I presume) No extra light like on the top photo.

Serios ? You are joking?

What is so difficult do know, when the view is under 50m take on the rear fog light ?

Very children knows that, in European.

I'm serious. People in the US turn front fog lights on during normal weather because it looks cool. In many cases, they don't even know they have a rear fog light and end up turning it on at the same time. I've seen people try to use high-beams in fog, and then not understand why the fog lights are turning off automatically.

<shrug>

When it comes to fog lights, many people here think they are "driving lights" and use them at all times. Very annoying...

In Canada, where DRLs are mandatory, many cars don't have automatic headlights and we end up with dolts who don't bother to turn on their full lighting system at night. Kind of the opposite problem when there are no tail lights at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm serious. People in the US turn front fog lights on during normal weather because it looks cool. In many cases, they don't even know they have a rear fog light and end up turning it on at the same time. I've seen people try to use high-beams in fog, and then not understand why the fog lights are turning off automatically.

<shrug>

I have to admit that I think they look cool, but I do know what they're used for, and I always shake my head when I see people driving around in thick fog with their highbeams on.

I saw on the facebook side of Telsa this photo here, form a Tesla from Norway:
View attachment 18302
What about this light in the bottom of the rear?
It looks very ugly there.

Probably just a temporary measure to make a US spec demo car compliant with local laws requiring a rear fog light there. I'd be shocked if the final Euro spec car ends up with that as the final solution.