Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary Maintanence Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was someone in twitter posted that they cannot drive the car at all. That it was asking for re authentication. It seems he got logout from his app. He doesn't have his backup key card and he couldn't drive the car. Another guy said that it's possible that he's token expired and need to be re authenticate, since the server is down no luck for him. I have a server error message in my app, but I can unlock and drive my car. I also have my backup keycard in my wallet.

There was someone in twitter posted that they cannot drive the car at all. That it was asking for re authentication. It seems he got logout from his app. He doesn't have his backup key card and he couldn't drive the car. Another guy said that it's possible that he's token expired and need to be re authenticate, since the server is down no luck for him. I have a server error message in my app, but I can unlock and drive my car. I also have my backup keycard in my wallet.

See other threads on the topic. The bluetooth key connection will continue to work if the Tesla server is unreachable. However, if someone thinks they are going to try to fix the error by doing a logout/login and the login is not successful... the bluetooth key pairing is disabled on logout.

Only try logout/login to fix an app problem if you have the keycard in hand.

Huh..... I wonder if this is the reason my car had a hard time detecting my fob this morning. I thought it might just be the battery getting low.

Not likely related to the app issue.

Because they logged out or were logged out.

Incorrect, they are locked out because of one of the following;

A) user was on an ios or android app and configured to only connect, control locking and starting only over wifi.

B) They did not have bluetooth paired on the phone or BT was not turned on.

C) they didn't have a keycard or FOB as backup.

It had nothing to do with being logged out of the app, since initially the app would not have been able to automatically reconnect or login to begin with because of the token issue.

D) They tried to remotely control their car via the app. Saw the connect error. Decided they could fix it using the Microsoft method. Logout, Reboot, Login. Only they couldn't login due to the server error.

In all cases, keeping keycard as backup is a very good idea. I actually lucked out with my S... I found out the app was having problems when I noticed I forgot my fob on the other side of the house. Was in a hurry to pickup someone and was running late. The S wouldn't connect w/ the app so I couldn't unlock and start the car. Had I been on the road when it happened, would have been stuck. Lesson learned.