Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary Supercharger - International Centre Toronto, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Saw this on Twitter.

It seems that when Tesla will be making their deliveries, they will be using these temporary Superchargers. Note that they won’t be considered as public.
65DFB82C-D21B-4944-9E1B-91F89A1D3804.jpeg
B1384901-B0A9-47EE-BB55-39A598E1258F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very interesting. They look like your typical ugly DC fast charger station! Just goes to show how much Tesla think about aesthetics! Any idea on the speed? I guess they act like normal traditional superchargers (140-150kW split between two)?
Probably. Do you we should call BlueShift for this?

Reuse them for what? This is likely going to be a permanent delivery facility for the volume of Model 3s expected
Incorrect, Tesla has leased it through June. As of July 1st they will be sending the vast majority of Model 3 cars to the USA to take advantage of the expiring federal tax credit. The only reason we got any in Canada is because they wanted to delay that milestone.

I would be shocked if we got more than a handful before Christmas. It is far cheaper to ship a car to a US customer vs. Canadian.

Incorrect, Tesla has leased it through June. As of July 1st they will be sending the vast majority of Model 3 cars to the USA to take advantage of the expiring federal tax credit. The only reason we got any in Canada is because they wanted to delay that milestone.

I would be shocked if we got more than a handful before Christmas. It is far cheaper to ship a car to a US customer vs. Canadian.

I guess it depends on if Tesla starts producing the base model which a lot of people are waiting on. They might need to continue selling to Canada if they want to only sell the fully loaded model, and the US demand has been satisfied of that

Neat, I've not seen this design of charger before. The previous design of Temporary superchargers was very similar to the permanent ones just on a pallet.

That's very interesting. They look like your typical ugly DC fast charger station! Just goes to show how much Tesla think about aesthetics! Any idea on the speed? I guess they act like normal traditional superchargers (140-150kW split between two)?

Based on the size of the cables going to the cabinets it seems unlikely they are 135kw chargers. I wonder if they are more like a destination charger. Odd that the plug cord would be so beefy though. As for aesthetics, these are temporary chargers not made for public consumption, why would they bother with aesthetics? Have you seen the normal public superchargers? Tesla very much does care about aesthetics.