TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Temporary Supercharger - International Centre Toronto, ON

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Mr. PlugShare, May 26, 2018.

1. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

#1 Mr. PlugShare, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Saw this on Twitter.

It seems that when Tesla will be making their deliveries, they will be using these temporary Superchargers. Note that they won’t be considered as public. 65DFB82C-D21B-4944-9E1B-91F89A1D3804.jpeg B1384901-B0A9-47EE-BB55-39A598E1258F.jpeg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Is there anything physically preventing someone from using those if it was needed? I've been told this Pearson location is going to be more permanent than temporary.

3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

That's very interesting. They look like your typical ugly DC fast charger station! Just goes to show how much Tesla think about aesthetics! Any idea on the speed? I guess they act like normal traditional superchargers (140-150kW split between two)?

• Disagree x 1
  4. Gunfus_r

Gunfus_r Member

Let's keep track of where this boxes go..it will make sense to reuse them after.. but I am not elon musk :)

5. Mr. PlugShare

Probably. Do you we should call BlueShift for this?

6. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Reuse them for what? This is likely going to be a permanent delivery facility for the volume of Model 3s expected

7. ebatmobile

ebatmobile Member

Incorrect, Tesla has leased it through June. As of July 1st they will be sending the vast majority of Model 3 cars to the USA to take advantage of the expiring federal tax credit. The only reason we got any in Canada is because they wanted to delay that milestone.

I would be shocked if we got more than a handful before Christmas. It is far cheaper to ship a car to a US customer vs. Canadian.

• Informative x 2
  8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

If they want permanent Superchargers, they eventually install permanent ones. Then they move the temporary units to other locations.

9. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

I guess it depends on if Tesla starts producing the base model which a lot of people are waiting on. They might need to continue selling to Canada if they want to only sell the fully loaded model, and the US demand has been satisfied of that

10. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

They'd look great in Orangeville. Just sayin'

• Funny x 1
  11. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Damn could have used that yesterday. Was there for an event and needed a boost.

12. Mr. PlugShare

I’m not sure they’re publicly available

13. Mr. PlugShare

14. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Neat, I've not seen this design of charger before. The previous design of Temporary superchargers was very similar to the permanent ones just on a pallet.

Based on the size of the cables going to the cabinets it seems unlikely they are 135kw chargers. I wonder if they are more like a destination charger. Odd that the plug cord would be so beefy though. As for aesthetics, these are temporary chargers not made for public consumption, why would they bother with aesthetics? Have you seen the normal public superchargers? Tesla very much does care about aesthetics.

• Disagree x 1