Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Once again, I fired up the Way, Way, Wayback Machine:

On April 27, 2014, Standard & Poor's gave Tesla's credit an unsolicited junk bond rating of B-, or "highly speculative", with its analysts' comments including the categorization of Tesla as a "niche" automaker, and cast a shadow on the company's long-term prospects. Not uncoincidentally, but I found in my files a note that at that time, TSLA's market cap was $17.8 billion (has it risen since then, anyone?).

Here is a post from that day, including some wording from S&P that jarred me then, as it should all now:

The S&P announcement truly is astonishing on many fronts. The snippet "unable to adapt to technological changes" so spectacularly and appropriately applies to all those who are not Tesla that one wonders why on earth S&P ever would consider making this close-to-unprecedented unsolicited assessment. So much so, that the disinterested observer can very understandably be forgiven for thinking "Conspiracy?".

Overall, I believe today's release will redound far more significantly - and negatively - to Standard & Poors than it will to Tesla Motors Corp.

Summary: Oh man, have I been waiting a long, Long, LONG time for this month. That dish that's best served cold - learn it, if you don't know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.