Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ten faster American cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is bogus about it?

Well, this make me cringe:
...better than adequate fuel economy. Both cars are rated at 17 mpg city/25 mpg highway...
Since when is 17mpg city "better than adequate"?

Well I suppose if you compare it to the 12MPG they quote for the Grand Cherokee SRT8 it seems like an improvement, but both 'suck' bigtime compared to 100MPGe+.

Why is the Roadster listed last when it clearly should be near the top? Every other car is listed in order by 0-60 time.

Why do they call it "uncomfortable"? Obviously whoever did the article has never driven one, because personally I find it very comfortable.

"Accessories like headlights" use ridiculously tiny amounts of power and aren't relevant to the range.

Driving with a heavy foot, okay I'll give you that but I still get over 200 km with my rather weighty foot.

In short, why the heck can't people do just a little research before they criticize something?

Ok, why is this list bogus?

For starters, there are only 9 cars listed.

Anyway, here's a better list Wikipedia: Fastest Cars by Acceleration

The Roadster Sport comes in 69th. But then, the Tesla is perhaps the only one in which mere mortals can achieve the quoted acceleration, although some of the cars employ a "launch control" mode that greatly helps (It shaves 0.5 seconds off the Nissan GT-R time, for instance).

For starters, there are only 9 cars listed.

Anyway, here's a better list Wikipedia: Fastest Cars by Acceleration

The Roadster Sport comes in 69th. But then, the Tesla is perhaps the only one in which mere mortals can achieve the quoted acceleration, although some of the cars employ a "launch control" mode that greatly helps (It shaves 0.5 seconds off the Nissan GT-R time, for instance).

The Roadster needs certain prep as well (Full charge, hot battery, etc.) but the pricing is also worth noting.