Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Tesla Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I just got back from a two week trip to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Islsnd in her new M3. It was a great trip and the car performed wonderfully.

Attachments

• 8610174F-9233-4DE7-AF3A-B372708195DE.jpeg
    8610174F-9233-4DE7-AF3A-B372708195DE.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 96
Had a great vacation last year going north and stopped at the following S/C.
Memphis, TN
Jackson, TN
Dickson, TN
Bristol, TN
Knoxville, TN
Chattanooga, TN

Love the Chattanooga super charger. It was busy too.

Really? I've been to a couple dozen chargers across the south/northeast and found Chatt to be the most awkward one of all lol. Why put it in short term parking at an airport? Crazy

Really? I've been to a couple dozen chargers across the south/northeast and found Chatt to be the most awkward one of all lol. Why put it in short term parking at an airport? Crazy

Birmingham is worse. Is in a paid parking lot with wannabe-high end restaurants around that keep nightclub hours. Thankfully the hotel next door is open 24 hours for a restroom. The public restrooms provided by Birmingham's Uptown development are locked off-hours.

In comparison to Birmingham, Chattanooga is a delight. A bit off the beaten path but not as bad off the path as Louisville. I-264 is bumper to bumper 5 miles each way off I-65. Bowling Green is a good distance off the road too, but its not as nasty as I-264.

Is only a couple sheet metal screws. It will leave holes. I never installed mine.
No. The newest may be different, but the 2017-2020s are held on with a combination of double sided tape and security screws. Those screws go vertically. Get yourself a right angled narrow pliers, get down on the ground, work the 2 screws outs. Several ways to get the double sided tape off. One way is muscle and good luck, another is dental floss, another is a heat gun. Best is likely a combination of all 3.

If you don't want to do it yourself, in my opinion just about any professional detailer will do it for you.

Can anyone recommend a vendor in Nashville who can remove the front license plate holder for me (Model S)?
Detail Pro Shop - Nashville

If you are still looking for someone to remove the front license plate holder, try Detail Pro Shop in Nashville. These guys are good and know what they are doing. Just had full front PPF with rocker panels, pillars and ceramic coating over the entire car plus tint and they removed my front license plate holder and it looks great.

Below is a before and after view of my front license plate holder and after it was removed. The second picture was taken inside the shop so the image quality isn't the best but looking at it in real life you can't tell there used to be a license plate holder on the front bumper. Of course the first picture was taken outside when I bought the car in December 2021 so it doesn't have the PPF and ceramic coating on it like the photo without the license plate holder does.

BTW I have a 2018 Model S

Old Front Picture.jpg

New Front Picture.jpg

First impressions of Franklin's new service center: check out their "repairs" before leaving.
I brought the car in for a leaking rear hatch; they said they couldn't duplicate. Left the inside back of the car dirty, didn't replace the folding privacy shelf. Left it on the floor footwell for the 2nd row seats and left the seats partially folded down. My grandkids ride back there, so they would have just stepped on it getting in. It's black in a dark area on black carpet.
Brought the car in for a driver's window that wouldn't roll up beyond where it contacted the seal. They ended up replacing the actuator assembly. Problem is, they didn't install the door panel properly so it wasn't in at all on the entire bottom part. The plastic pins didn't line up so the tech just said "F it."
Also found a rubber drain plug under the driver's seat that wasn't there before. Can't figure out where that would have come from.
And no coffee in the waiting area. So the old service center>the new one in that regard.

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist