Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeraFactory Austin Texas Preliminary Build Schedule --- Substantial completion ****

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have some information on the TeraFactory build schedule.
Telsa is sourcing out vendors / contractors to bid on work at the site.

Drum roll please on estimated on First Substantial Completion -

( Substantial completion is the stage when a construction project is deemed sufficiently completed to the point where the owner can use it for its intended purpose. This definition of substantial completion is based on the language in the American Institute of Architects form contract AIA A-201:)

May 1, 2021
upload_2020-9-9_9-1-14-gif.586247

Can I get some likes

index.php
index.php
index.php

Attachments

• Project Schedule.png
    Project Schedule.png
    117 KB · Views: 5,058
  • Project OverView.png
    Project OverView.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 4,746
  • Prelimnary Schedule of contractors.png
    Prelimnary Schedule of contractors.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 4,715
Last edited by a moderator:
Would you please stop with this “Tera-“ nonsense? If for no other reason, although there are plenty, it diminishes any material you would like to contribute.

And....”Can I get some likes?”? Word.

Why is it nonsense? If the CEO calls it Tera, who are we to object?
Q1 2020 earnings call:Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Q1 2020 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
Elon Musk -- Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer

I think we will announce the next Giga possibly as soon as a month.
We may not -- as soon as next month. This is not a prediction, just saying. That's -- that could happen. It will certainly be within three months and possibly one month. And that would be in the US. So as for how many will be in five years, I'm not -- I don't know right now what that number would be. I guess, several more than there are today. But I'm not sure, what exactly it would be in five years, but some number more than today.

Zachary J. Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

I'll also add that our Gigas have gotten bigger.

Yes.

Zachary J. Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

And...

It could arguably -- it could start being called Tera.

Just Wow. It’s good that you’re not a moderator anymore.

“Anymore” ≠ “Vacation”

For crying in the mud, if you’re going to go Full Frontal Texan about this, why that pissant “Tera” term? Call it a PetaFactory. Call it an EkaFactory. Call it a LumaFactory.

Words matter. Abuse them, and they become meaningless. That’s why not.

A Q for those of you in Austin / Travis County:

That red earth that forms most of the submaterial the GF site developers have been leveling - is that relatively benign in wet weather, or does it act like Louisiana gumbo or Georgia clay or Wyoming bentonite or other slicker 'n otter snot unmentionable ~~~:mad:~~~ ?

I've lived several places in the Austin metro area. Round Rock had nice topsoil but you couldn't dig 3 inches without hitting solid rock (it's named after a different rock). Pflugerville had mostly reddish clay with poor absorption and high volumetric variance with moisture content that ruined the foundation of my house during a drought (apparently I was supposed to know that I need to water my foundation? whaaa). However, that's on the the North end of TX130, and I imagine much of the topsoil at the (giga/terra/ultra)factory site is sedimentary from the nearby Colorado.

tl;dr: i dunno