Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terre Haute Indiana SC power tier rates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped and charged at the Terre Haute SC in Indiana a couple of times over this past weekend. I noticed on my receipt that I was charged $0.13 min for Power Tier 1 and $0.26 min for Power Tier 2. All of my other receipts have just the Power Tier 1 rate/charge. Any insights as to why this is? Did I stay plugged in to the Super Charger too long? I've attached a snap shot of my receipt.

Attachments

• TerreHauteSC_receipt.JPG
    TerreHauteSC_receipt.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 45
Ok, thanks!. That explains it. I wonder why the charge is $0.67 per minute for the SC in Effingham, IL? I was routing back from my parents house and this is the SC that the Tesla Nav wanted me to stop at but I noticed what the rate was so it was a lot cheaper to get a little extra juice at the Terre Haute SC and skip the Effingham SC. I still made it back home with about 20% left.

Ok, thanks!. That explains it. I wonder why the charge is $0.67 per minute for the SC in Effingham, IL? I was routing back from my parents house and this is the SC that the Tesla Nav wanted me to stop at but I noticed what the rate was so it was a lot cheaper to get a little extra juice at the Terre Haute SC and skip the Effingham SC. I still made it back home with about 20% left.
I imagine you paid for 3 minutes at the higher tier

No SC in the USA is 60+ cents a minute.
The car may have been showing you your most recent charge
Yeah, that's what I thought to that it was a little high. I should've taken a picture but I was already driving so I just switch the recommended SC to Terre Haute and drove on. Oh well, just curious since I've only been to a few SC's in the Midwest area. I'll take pics next time.

The link I posted for you shows the rate by state
It doesn't anymore. Tesla now has dropped statewide pricing and moved to unique pricing for each individual supercharger. Their website only shows the average price for all locations in the US (with distinctions on whether they charge by kWh or minute). But that doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the pricing at any specific location.

One of the bullet points above the drop-down: "Average pricing information is provided below and specific pricing for each Supercharger location is shown in the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen."

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
The link I posted for you shows the rate by state
Yeah, I seen that. I was shown the price within the Tesla Nav screen and that's what I wish I would've taken the picture of. I'm usually good at taken pics for reference but this time I forgot. I guess cause I was shocked that there was a rally large rate gap between the Effingham Illinois SC and the Terre Haute Indiana SC. I figured it was the state setting the price for providing it to Tesla. Illinois seems ti be higher in gas taxes and state taxes for this part of the region so I just figured they were sticking it to the EV's as well.

I just took my own advice and looked at the Tesla website again. Now it appears that the Supercharger rates are the same across the US. This is a change from earlier when some differences between states existed --- but never anything so extreme as you thought.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H