Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible accessory ordering experience online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our laundry is kinda near the bedroom, so we never dry at night. Would disturb our sleep. And the scheduled charging is purely for avoiding charging at the same time as drying, not for off-peak power rates (we have a flat rate here). I guess it’s in principle possible that due to a Tesla software update the scheduled charging fails and my wife decides to dry clothes right at that time and that happens to be right around when tapering off occurs or the breaker fails.

Our laundry is kinda near the bedroom, so we never dry at night. Would disturb our sleep. And the scheduled charging is purely for avoiding charging at the same time as drying, not for off-peak power rates (we have a flat rate here). I guess it’s in principle possible that due to a Tesla software update the scheduled charging fails and my wife decides to dry clothes right at that time and that happens to be right around when tapering off occurs or the breaker fails.
Well, since you're prompted to download and then install the update, you could certainly check afterwards to make sure the charging schedule wasn't changed.

Reactions: rob1987
I think your issue may be with FedEx not Tesla. They used to be awesome, but ever since the pandemic (maybe longer), they've been the worst, by far... A few months ago, I bought some phones from Google that were shipped by FedEx... FedEx showed my package as "Delivered" three separate times... Each time, I pulled up video footage showing no such delivery, and each time, FedEx said they don't know why the driver marked the package as delivered, as they said it never left their distribution hub... On another occasion when this same thing happened, they said I could go to the hub to pick it up... So I went, and they didn't know where the F it was... They said it could be in one of two different hubs, but didn't know which... They also refused to give me the phone number to the hubs... I managed to get a number from one of many calls... When I called it, the person that picked up was agitated and asked where I got the number... Apparently, it was the cell number of one of the shift managers at the hub.

On a side note, I'm surprised you waited so long to get your accessories, lol... I ordered mine right after placing my order for the Y, so I had everything ready to go, WELL in advance of getting the Tesla, lol. Maybe too soon, hahaha, I still have to find the trunk mat I ordered, I seem to have misplaced it, haha.
I just had a similar, terrible experience with Tesla Shop as well. Bottom line is I ordered three items and they charged me for all three but only shipped one of the items, the cheapest one. The tracking was for all three items. The envelope they shipped the one time in was only large enough for the key fob (one of the three items ordered). I have emailed them at least six separate times. I have CC’ed the showroom nearby as well at the request of Jo, one of the showroom employees who was trying to be helpful. Not one response from them in two weeks so far. I had ordered a Tesla wall charger only a few days prior to this order and it came in fine and just as promised. They must get a phone number or a system that works. This is awful.