Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible Chargepoint Customer Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received acceptable support from this company? If yes, how was it accomplished? Based on the poor responses received from numerous service requests, I would never purchase any of their products. I fear if there was a problem, they would ignore me.

I rent the use of one of their L2 chargers. At 30 amps, their charger voltage drops to 194v. My instrument display reports a defective extension cord and safely rolls back current to 24 amp. The end result is 20% less charging.

Has anyone received acceptable support from this company? If yes, how was it accomplished? Based on the poor responses received from numerous service requests, I would never purchase any of their products. I fear if there was a problem, they would ignore me.

I rent the use of one of their L2 chargers. At 30 amps, their charger voltage drops to 194v. My instrument display reports a defective extension cord and safely rolls back current to 24 amp. The end result is 20% less charging.

Ive had a few problems charging before where I got charged the session fee to start the charge but no actual electrons flowed. Emailed their support and they were quick to reverse the charges no questions asked.

Part of the problem with their support model is many of the stations are fully owned by property owners, so all they can do in cases like this is pass on the info to the landlord.

Yea we’ve had fantastic experiences. One time it was 3am and we pushed our Chevy Spark EV to a ChargePoint after running out of juice. They wouldn’t start because the property owner disabled them after hours. They felt bad for us and made an exception and turned them on remotely for us to charge.