Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible Delivery Experience VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys I just picked up my car and I have never seen this bad vehicle delivery. First they called me earlier today, my scheduled appointment was at 6.30 and they told me I had to come before 5pm. They said they couldn’t deliver that late which is weird to me my DS scheduled this last week. Pass that I said ok I will be there.

I got to Tesla and they told me the car is getting supercharged and ask me to be waited. Than a gentleman from solar power department told me he was going to deliver my paperwork while the car is supercharging. He asked me if I have seen the car yet. I said of course not. Than he takes me to service center while going there we passed by the actual delivery area where they had 2 model 3 and 1 model x waiting. My car was in the back at the service area. He asks me to check out the car I see some spots he had the wash guy come by and touch up the car. One trim between fwd and back was not alined right I pointed out and there was a chip on paint I pointed that out and also the frunk was not aligned good the gap on the right to left was not the same. They told me to take pictures and report the issues to Tesla which I think that shouldn’t be me reporting they should right this stuff down and take care of it. Other than that car is great.

Overall delivery experience was really poor. Car was and inside detail is terrible. I would have expected to have someone walk over and explain a little bit about the car but pretty much they were like sign the paperwork give us the check and take your car.

One more thing was the fwd wouldn’t open all the way and the guy was like it’s because the vehicle inside the warehouse than we took the car outside still wouldn’t open. He did a hard reset still wouldn’t open and I told the guy there has to be a setting inside the car which I find out that also. Thanks to the forums I learned more stuff here than the Tesla ppl at delivery.

Finally I took the car and left the dealership.

Here’s a picture. I will have more pictures later.

Thanks

Attachments

• 8CA51450-2EF0-40D5-8809-C356DFB763F7.jpeg
    8CA51450-2EF0-40D5-8809-C356DFB763F7.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 2DB8C0A4-BA8A-4005-9430-D2D782C9D01C.jpeg
    2DB8C0A4-BA8A-4005-9430-D2D782C9D01C.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 108
Pictures of the gap in frunk, chip on paint and alignment on trim. It is hard to understand trim from the picture but what is wrong is that the fwd trim sits more inside than the back trim which creates a height difference. Other side is perfect.

Attachments

• 8314D0B3-6D50-4356-B2F4-54C561D0F970.jpeg
    8314D0B3-6D50-4356-B2F4-54C561D0F970.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 111
  • F742D05A-D465-4357-BD5E-8CD3FD885197.jpeg
    F742D05A-D465-4357-BD5E-8CD3FD885197.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 2B272D44-2149-4503-B12D-CCD54C681023.jpeg
    2B272D44-2149-4503-B12D-CCD54C681023.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 112
  • F268AA42-B583-4EB8-A3F3-11BB6CDB315E.jpeg
    F268AA42-B583-4EB8-A3F3-11BB6CDB315E.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
...gap in frunk...

Frunk gaps are not that bad to me but since it is yours, it is perfectly fine to have service center fix it to your specification.

...chip on paint...

Chipped paint is unacceptable for any new car and service center should fix it.

...alignment on trim...

It's hard to see anything wrong with the trim from your picture but it should be relatively very easy to reposition the chrome piece.

Sorry for your unpleasant delivery experience. I think because of Model 3 ramp up hassle, there's little staff time spent for customers.

When I got my delivery, they only gave me 2 instructions: Show them how to select 1) Drive gear and 2) Reverse gear. That's it!

I don't mind because I am quite knowledgeable about Tesla but I imagine that many customers would want more time to be spent on them.

Hopefully, when the Model 3 ramp up is settled and Tesla is profitable and stockholders get quarterly dividends, there will be money spent to provide time for customers at that time. Soon!

Since you’ve already signed the paperwork. Relax. Make a note of all the points that you are not happy and immediately send to sales advisor. They should schedule you a service booking to get it all sorted. Which they will until you are happy :)

Ohh I’m relaxed and not worried about these stuff because I know they will fix them. OA has been notified already.

Frunk gaps are not that bad to me but since it is yours, it is perfectly fine to have service center fix it to your specification.

Chipped paint is unacceptable for any new car and service center should fix it.

It's hard to see anything wrong with the trim from your picture but it should be relatively very easy to reposition the chrome piece.

Sorry for your unpleasant delivery experience. I think because of Model 3 ramp up hassle, there's little staff time spent for customers.

When I got my delivery, they only gave me 2 instructions: Show them how to select 1) Drive gear and 2) Reverse gear. That's it!

I don't mind because I am quite knowledgeable about Tesla but I imagine that many customers would want more time to be spent on them.

Hopefully, when the Model 3 ramp up is settled and Tesla is profitable and stockholders get quarterly dividends, there will be money spent to provide time for customers at that time. Soon!

From pictures it is hard to see the gap difference but one side my finger gets in and the other not. Same with trim hard to understand from pictures but it’s not alignment issue it’s height issue. In person it looks bad. I agree about the paint chip. Yes they do pay attention to 3 deliveries more than others.

Yes. They have a lot of model 3 deliveries at same time as I was. I think they’re focused on those more than other cars. Hope your delivery goes smoothly. Other than that car is excellent.

If it makes you feel any better my P3D was delivered dirty with gouges on the bumper and a paint chip on the drivers door. The delivery person didn't know anything about Teslas. They actually tried to get me to take delivery in a dark parking lot - lol. I made them put it in the delivery bay where there were lights and they acted like they were doing me a favor. Probably would have walked away if not for the tax credit and my lease registration expiring.

If it makes you feel any better my P3D was delivered dirty with gouges on the bumper and a paint chip on the drivers door. The delivery person didn't know anything about Teslas. They actually tried to get me to take delivery in a dark parking lot - lol. I made them put it in the delivery bay where there were lights and they acted like they were doing me a favor. Probably would have walked away if not for the tax credit and my lease registration expiring.

I really think they need to pay more attention at delivering and customer service at delivery but other than that cars are great.

I really think they need to pay more attention at delivering and customer service at delivery but other than that cars are great.

Yeah, I get that they are delivering a ton of cars. But I feel like I'm cutting them a lot of slack for a car that costs me >$70k out of pocket after the tax credit. I only have so much goodwill, and the only reason I do is because there isnt a competitive product out there. Will re-eval in 2 years to see if there is anything better. But as it looks right now, I might be waiting for the refreshed S/X.....

Pictures of the gap in frunk, chip on paint and alignment on trim. It is hard to understand trim from the picture but what is wrong is that the fwd trim sits more inside than the back trim which creates a height difference. Other side is perfect.

Those all look pretty bad to me especially the frunk misalignment and the trim. Tesla QC strikes again.

Ok so Tysons Tesla store manager reached out to me yesterday. I told him how everything went at delivery. He told me that he will notify the delivery team about the issues I have and he will get every problem taken care of. He also did mention this is a new delivery team and they are delivering a lot of cars nowadays.

Ok so Tysons Tesla store manager reached out to me yesterday. I told him how everything went at delivery. He told me that he will notify the delivery team about the issues I have and he will get every problem taken care of. He also did mention this is a new delivery team and they are delivering a lot of cars nowadays.
That’s encouraging, at least. You will probably need to deal with them again for service and it’s important that they’re trying to repair the relationship. Great looking car! My MX is coming in a week and I should quit reading delivery nightmares...

That’s encouraging, at least. You will probably need to deal with them again for service and it’s important that they’re trying to repair the relationship. Great looking car! My MX is coming in a week and I should quit reading delivery nightmares...
L

Well store manager is a friend of mine but I never wanted him to be involved in my car or the delivery since he is very busy at work. I just thought Tesla will do a good job building and delivering the car. Guess I was wrong. He knew my delivery date he called me to find out how everything was and I just told him what has happened. So it wasn’t really a Tesla call to take care of issues it’s just a friend helping out. I guess I’m lucky since my friend works there.

• Informative
Reactions: JQS3