Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible delivery experience: what to do next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did. 3 opinions including Mayo.The consensus was after age 50 it was safe and would give me some benefit.

Sorry then, different philosophies in medical care I guess. Cataract surgery in America for adults is very safe. Your age has nothing to do with it. Without knowing the specifics of your case, me thinks u and/or your surgeon was too quick to pull the trigger. I always look at costs/benefits ratio for the patient's favor, not mines. I sincerely hope everything works out for u tho.

Side note....we are kind of derailing this thread tho instead of addressing the OP's point. PM me if u'd like to discuss this further.

Glare and halos with standard IOL are pretty rare, but not impossible. What you describe is surgical monovion and not everyone can tolerate that (50% of people can not, in my experience). I hope you had a long contact lens monovison trial prior to your surgery. You can always have refractive surgery to remove residual refractive error, but that would eliminate your near vision (will have to wear glasses to see upclose). IMHO, there multifocal IOLs on the market that work very well for both distance and near, but you have to be a good candidate.

I did. 3 opinions including Mayo.The consensus was after age 50 it was safe and would give me some benefit.
my dad, a 95yr old WWII vet, is still gardening & driving. He just had his 1st cataract surgery a couple months aago & will have the 2nd/other eye done shortly. The 1st eye is better now, but in no way ideal, & he'll still need glasses because of a botched 1980's pterygium (growing around sclera/iris) removal surgery. (sigh) Surgeons ... can't live w/ 'em . . .
;)

Last edited:
I disagree with people who say you are picky about dirty wheel arches/tires.

When the vehicle is delivered to the show room they give it a wash and an inspection before you go to pick it up. This is just a standard thing. For the tires and wheel arches, all they had to do was wipe them down...

You're paying a lot of money for the car, it is the least they can do. When I bought my current car new, worth £14000, it was spotless and it had 100 miles on the clock.