Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible experience with Tesla Service in Devon, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all

2 months ago, my son drive his bike into the paid of my 2021 Model S Plaid, cracking the rear tail light. I called Tesla and spoke to someone in the Devon (Pennsylvania) service/parts department. I asked if they could order me the tail light, and ship it to my house instead of installing it. Devon is approximately 150 miles from my home.

I was told yes, but I would have to pay the shipping charges, which I immediately agreed. 3 weeks later, I get a call from Devon Service telling me that the part cannot be shipped. I then inquired about Mobile Service, since technically, the car cannot legally be driven without a tail light. I was told "you're too far away from us for Mobile Servicing". Wtf? Yeah, no kidding. That's why I don't want to drive there for service.

Their refusal to ship the part, which would cost about $20, is absolutely inexcusable. I own a $150,000 Tesla, and I cannot even buy a tail light.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this part? Tesla parts department is TERRIBLE to deal with, especially Devon.

The customer service person's name was Matt Gates, and his supervisor's name was "Bill", which I actually think is a lie.

Reactions: Newscutter
Wow, sounds like you are off to a fantastic start.......Im not sure if replacing that tail light is going to be as easy of a fix as you might think, unless you are comfortable with removing quite a bit just to get to that housing, that's likley why they wont ship it. I could be wrong however.

I ordered parts recently and they said they would not ship it. Parts shipped to them are not always packed in “retail” boxes. And they don’t want to be in the business of shipping stuff. So I think it’s understandable and I believe some other manufacturers would do the same.

Truly astounding and annoying.
I'm willing to help, if you do the legwork and cover costs. I'm about a mile from the Wexford PA Service Center-- near Pittsburgh.
You get the part ordered here for pickup-- paid for-- and I'll pick it up, pack it in whatever box necessary and forward to you. You just Zelle me the shipping amount. If that's worth pursuing, DM me your email and I'll connect with you-- might be better to direct message my Twitter @TeslaPittsburgh as I see that faster. I'll let my footer links vouch for my bonafides.

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH
Truly astounding and annoying.
I'm willing to help, if you do the legwork and cover costs. I'm about a mile from the Wexford PA Service Center-- near Pittsburgh.
You get the part ordered here for pickup-- paid for-- and I'll pick it up, pack it in whatever box necessary and forward to you. You just Zelle me the shipping amount. If that's worth pursuing, DM me your email and I'll connect with you-- might be better to direct message my Twitter @TeslaPittsburgh as I see that faster. I'll let my footer links vouch for my bonafides.
This is why I love Pittsburgh!

Reactions: Durwood101