Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible Footage shows 4 wheel steering and mirrors on Beta Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ogre

On The Clown Car
Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
Some new footage up of a Cybertruck looking truck with 4 wheel steering and side mirrors. Really bad footage so not much interesting other than confirming they have at least one beta truck on the road and that 4 wheel steering is a thing on it.

I’m neither here nor there on mirrors, it is a little bit of a bummer if it means a range hit though.

Don’t care a whole lot. It can go in the same box as the front plate for my Model Y.

The question is whether I will get pulled over and cited for it. I’m willing to risk a fine and a fixit ticket. So far I haven‘t been pulled over for a missing front plate.
Problem is it won’t have digital mirrors so you literally will have no side mirrors.

• Disagree
Reactions: UCF3
Not sure how a vehicle with 360º of high-res cameras and a large display for the driver is construed as "doesn't have digital mirrors".
Mirrors were made to do what surround-view cameras do, before the technology was viable.

Georgia requires mirrors on purchased vehicles, but does not appear to prohibit removing them.

Not sure how a vehicle with 360º of high-res cameras and a large display for the driver is construed as "doesn't have digital mirrors".
Mirrors were made to do what surround-view cameras do, before the technology was viable.

Georgia requires mirrors on purchased vehicles, but does not appear to prohibit removing them.
Wrong. You are required to have mirrors if you drive on public roads in GA.

Link to regulation? Only reference I found regarded time of sale.
Or maybe not. So as long as your rear view mirror is not obstructed you don’t need side mirrors in GA. But I also read some where that you still need left side mirror. Confusing.

Georgia Code Title 40. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 40-8-72​

(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this Code section, every motor vehicle which is so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.
(b) Every commercial motor vehicle shall be equipped with two rear-vision mirrors meeting the requirements of the federal motor vehicle safety standards contained in 49 C.F.R. 571.111 in effect at the time of manufacture, one at each side, firmly attached to the outside of the motor vehicle, and so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear, along both sides of the vehicle;  provided, however, that only one outside mirror shall be required, which shall be on the driver's side, on a commercial motor vehicle which is so constructed that the driver has a view to the rear by means of an interior mirror.

Last edited: