Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrrrrrrrible pick up experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1,000 for the hitch is a good deal.

It's part of the config I have on order too (although I definitely see the margin in it for Tesla at $1K). But it's definitely not a good deal for someone who never wanted / needed it in the first place. It seems obvious that Tesla should have provided OP that vehicle at his / her original cost (sans the cost for hitch), since the gaffe was on them.

Tesla doesn't have cars sitting on the lot, unlike the rest. Have to think about that and the issues that may come with that. It sucks it happened to you, but should have been the back of your mind that stuff can happen and they don't have a back up of the exact one you want in hand. But if BMW sold a car you wanted without telling you by mistake, and they have another one thats more expensive, it's kind of the same thing right?

1. Tesla definitely has cars sitting on the lot. That’s why they offered me other options. And I have friends that work there. They build a number of cars in anticipation of purchase.

2. No, it’s not the same. Tesla admitted their fault, and I paid for every upgrade aside from 1 (tow hitch). In my mind $16k in upgrades trump $1k tow hitch. It’s not like I was getting the standard model and expecting a performance.

But I guess everyone thinks differently.