TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TES5LA - Private Plate

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Fellsteruk, May 18, 2018.

1. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Was just watching the DVLA auctions as i'd noticed the above plate was listed, went for £3k in the end i think... Wonder if it was anyone in here :)

• Love x 1
  2. sidmini

sidmini Banned

Was a chap on the official facebook group Tesla Owners Group UK, now that you have a VIN you can join that..

3. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Thanks but I’m no fan of Facebook and no offence to the owners group but I’m also no fan of any group wanting to charge you to participate communities should be free to participate I all for contributing to keep things going but not mandatory payment for membership.

All feels a little too gentleman’s club.

4. sidmini

sidmini Banned

I don't pay any fees and you are not required to pay either it's optional and proceeds go towards events and stuff....

5. DJP31

DJP31 Member

I’m no fan of FB either and being a member of the owners group is my only dealing with it. It is very definitely not a gentleman’s club and neither is any payment mandatory at all. The membership relates to an affiliated website, and is not something I’ve bothered with, although there’s plenty of useful content available for free.

Tesla monitor the posts but don’t contribute directly. The recent passive entry security update was undoubtedly (IMO) as a result of pressure the group exerted.

• Like x 1
  6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

me neither, I do have an "unused" FB account ... but have never felt the need to make the effort to join the UK Tesla Owners "club" - perhaps in part because it is closed and I therefore have no idea whether I would be interested in the content, or not - notwithstanding the only-positive comments I have read about it

7. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

On account of not using Facebook I’d only seen the website you mentioned and just guessed it was all a paid club.

I’ll maybe checkout the Facebook group just wish more people would setup groups off these horrid social networks.

I get my Tesla fix from here though ;)

8. sidmini

sidmini Banned

Apparently the number plate is for sale now £4100

9. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Thats a joke but i guess they wanted to make some money... Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I Saw K11TTY going in the same auction for about 45k "mental"

I have a private plate, i love them but i always find it interesting what lengths some people will go to for certain plates, especially the ones you have to read upside down, with one eye whilst drinking rum to work out what the owner thinks it says lol

I got mine years ago for £250 from DVLA, says STE and only has 6 characters so i can get on a small form factor plate "legally" will be with me till death :) or change identity... lol

10. Terry_B58

Terry_B58 Member

They are the ones I like also. . . .

Or is just that I like drinking rum?

11. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Well drinking rum is down with me lol