Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s BAD Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing what I now know about Tesla and other comparable cars. I would never buy another brand right now under any circumstance.
Same. I had a horrible purchase/delivery experience, but I love the car so much that I'm willing to put up with not only the purchase experience, but also awful service experience should my car need it.

I spend such little time going through the purchasing experience and service, and such a lot of time driving the car. And the driving part makes up for their service shortcomings.

But I can certainly understand the other side of the coin.

Elon recently stated that he is aware of the horrible customer service situation, and he's putting max effort into improving all aspects of Tesla's customer service. Let's hope he makes good on it.

Reactions: Vegaforce
So you paid $49K for a LR RWD and got $7.5K in tax credit right? That's $41.5K and you didn't pay for and shouldn't have received EAP or FSD, but it seems like you got a free trial for a while.

Today you can order an AWD for $48K with a tax credit of $1.9K, so that's about $46K total and it comes with AP (which is different from EAP) and doesn't include Summon.

I don't think you really overpaid that much?

Partly because people email them constantly about small price changes!

I have the Blue one (which costed an extra $1500 back then, now $100). I have a spreadsheet the shows the difference with all the different customizations.
If you want to make an even more madenning comparison, imagine if I paid for EAP ($3000) and AWD ($5000) back them. Thats an extra $8000 for a total of $58500. This SAME exact car now costs around $48000. Thats a whooping $10500 difference. Imagine how mad I would have been!

Again, this is besides the point. Tesla came under my radar due to being good to their customers, especially who supported them. I just feel not responding to a simple email or phone call is a book-standard bad customer service mistake.

You won’t get any argument from me that customer service and communication is terrible. It has been the worst we have experienced with any car brand so far. We very well may jump ship to another brand next go around.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I am not feeling they are out there to get me only. LOL

But fair point, they can/should do better.

Jumping ship...Nahh... I will wait for a better/newer ship first before jumping.

BTW, I had a Lexus before the Tesla. Awesome car and great Custer Service, if you can live past the ICE part :)

Reactions: VT_EE
Tesla's service was legendary, until the ,model 3 came along. Tesla has not been able to ramp up any other part of their business to match the number of cars they now produce.

My car stopped charging at 800 miles, the app scheduled me for 12 days out, then the date changed without my consent or input. You cant actually speak to a real live person at a service center either. They seem to treat your 40-70k car as a toy rather than a means for f people to get to work or enable their lives. It might catch up at some point, but probably not anytime soon.

EXACTLY!!!

Reading comments in this forum is enough to scare any new buyer off from purchasing a Tesla. So I would be curious to hear from members who own a Tesla and wish they did not purchase one.

If you could undo your purchase and be driving a Mercedes, BMW, or other ICE vehicle today, would you do it?
I owned a Lexus before. Awesome car, solid, reliable, and great customer service. Its only mistake is: ICE

But nothing beats my Tesla. BEST CAR EVER.

Again, I am just very disappointed in their customer service. If a newer/better EV car shows up, I might seriously consider it in the future.

These are my two cents

Reading comments in this forum is enough to scare any new buyer off from purchasing a Tesla. So I would be curious to hear from members who own a Tesla and wish they did not purchase one.

If you could undo your purchase and be driving a Mercedes, BMW, or other ICE vehicle today, would you do it?
No way would I switch, although I haven’t experienced the same poor service some people have hear. The worst thing I endured was a rushed delivery over a year ago during Production Hell. The car has been extremely reliable since the SC fixed a few small delivery issues.

I had initial build quality issues with mine (paint defects which required frunk lid and front bumper to be repainted).
Since these got resolved, I've not had any hardware problems including a 10K mile cross county trip.
I've now got over 22K miles and the car has cost me nothing in maintenance except for washer fluid (OK, I skipped the tire rotation, cause I'm getting rid of OEM tire/rims). This car has been amazing and let's not forget, we've all received new OTA features worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

In the same boat here.

Numerous PATHETIC stories with subpar service.

Dealing with Montreal service center in Canada.

I had true outstanding customer service with my first model S. Now with my second model S (upgraded to a P) things gave gotten very bad if not unacceptable... Impossible to talk to a human being, you end up with incredible waiting time on hold, enough to hang up. No replies to messages left on their voicemail neither Emails and if ‘’lucky’’ you’ll get text message replies.

Lots of ‘’confusion’’ with service center, just a few examples (the list is quite long so I won’t write a novel):

-Received a text message saying they’ve received parts, so I schedule an appointment with the app only to receive the following message ‘’which parts did you order ?’’ Really? How should I know whatever the ranger diagnosed on my car? They wrote they will call me, they didn’t...☹️

-Brought the car in due to freaking noise on the front end while turning right. Pick-up the car 3 days later to find out the issue hadn’t been fixed while they pretend the opposite. Bring back the car immediately telling them I’m NOT driving it until they fix it. Need to insist that they should do a test drive, which they did. Diagnostic: replace right upper control arm... Finally fixed after many painful requests ☹️☹️

-Ordered in person at the SC a set of slipstream wheels with TPMS sensors. 2 months later, still no newd so I show up to inquire about the status of my order. They tell me they have a dozen sets in stock! Why do they waste my time like this ? ☹️☹️☹️

-SC lied to me multiple times promising to fix other issues but nobody seems to know what is going on... I ended showing up in person MANY times to fight for my basic customer rights.

I stop here.

Really love the car but NOT sure at all that my 3rd EV will be a Tesla.

Sad from all these bad experiences, customer really needs to improve a LOT
For now it’s much worst then GM or Chrysler terrible service.

Wake up Mr Musk...

• Informative
Reactions: Vegaforce
Status
Not open for further replies.