Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot_20211007-191522.png

there are lots of ppl with 100 scores with more than decent mileage. See this public spreadsheet. Feel free to add your results!

there are lots of ppl with 100 scores with more than decent mileage. See this public spreadsheet. Feel free to add your results!

Nice, did not know this existed. Will update with my info as well.

Reactions: Bruce W
Is your overall score a 100? I mean even if not, with the miles posted I think even at 98 or 99 then you should be good. Of course this is only my opinion of what gives me confidence for a good driver.

Yes, but to be fair I have fairly safe roads and after accessing my score learned what hurt and helped. Some of my "safe driving" like keeping over three seconds follow distance hurt me more than helped early on.

Screenshot_20211007-193324.png

Hopefully I edited it right

Bleh, I got a FCW on my drive according to the score but never saw any notification or had anything that would trigger it and since the drive was only 2 miles, it killed my whole day. Didn't even realize it until the next day.....

Reactions: pchilds
Don’t understand how you have 100. The simulator even says so…

View attachment 718993
The overall score is not calculated by the overall percentage dings. It's done by averaging your daily score weighted by how many miles you drove that day. On a per-day basis, the simulator should get you the same score (for a daily score), but what we've also seen is that the ding percentages are already rounded. They show to the tenths digit but likely the score is calculated to the hundredth digit, which we don't see. We likely see a rounded figure. So sometimes there's still a small discrepancy between simulator and actual.

Those folk that drive in stumpjump Nebraska with 3 cars per 100 miles of road are somewhat different from drivers in large metropolitan areas like Manhattan or Boston or Chicago or Los Angeles, where if you leave 1.1 car lengths gap, someone cuts in, you hit the brake, and your safety score hits the floor. I just hope the decision makers take this into account. I took a hit in a parking lot for hard braking when someone pulled out of a space about 20 feet in front of me. I was doing about 5 mph. My current score is 99 base on over 700 miles

Those folk that drive in stumpjump Nebraska with 3 cars per 100 miles of road are somewhat different from drivers in large metropolitan areas like Manhattan or Boston or Chicago or Los Angeles, where if you leave 1.1 car lengths gap, someone cuts in, you hit the brake, and your safety score hits the floor. I just hope the decision makers take this into account. I took a hit in a parking lot for hard braking when someone pulled out of a space about 20 feet in front of me. I was doing about 5 mph. My current score is 99 base on over 700 miles
Unfortunately this calculates collision probabilities, and as you noted metro areas are going to have higher probabilities of collisions.

So the safety score is "doing its job" from that perspective and will roll out to stumpjump first.

Reactions: Kingoglow
Unfortunately this calculates collision probabilities, and as you noted metro areas are going to have higher probabilities of collisions.

So the safety score is "doing its job" from that perspective and will roll out to stumpjump first.
This is a ruse to sell more Teslas in the rural Midwest.

Really, if it picks up low-mileage, low-risk areas it should just mean they'll expand faster.

PS The whining has been fun to read. All this for a Level 2 system.

Reactions: techlogik