Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it get pushed to every beta tester midnight sharp or is that when it begins to roll out?

I also wonder why they push it at midnight. It’s not as if they are finishing it at exactly 11:59:59. It’s probably already done and some Tesla employee is sitting at a bar with a beer and his finger hovering above a “release" icon on his phone screen.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
One of my car is at 100% with 39 miles driven. I skipped 4 days as I forgot to drive it in the weekends. I drove 3 to 5 miles on weekdays. My other car is at 95 with 1,000+ miles driven.

Hoping milage is not a factor and be one of the lucky 1,000 tonight.