Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the folks that have 100%, was there a minimum number of miles they had to drive? I would have more confidence in a person that drove 500 miles with a 95-99% score over someone that drove only 5 miles with a 100% score. Seems the first is more realistic.
I think you have a point on that one. A 100% driver would be hard to find as it's the software that needs to be 100% to keep the driver at 100%. That's what the word autonomous means. You get cut off your score drops by what %? Your car decides to HARD brake itself - who's fault is that? Some moron swerves into you and you have to disengage FSD, Gee; there goes your score circling the drain. So I guess the guy driving 2 miles per day will always be near perfect but, the highwaymen may have simply pushed a button to get on a list that may never materialize satisfaction.

Extremely disappointed but not surprised it was delayed again. Driving scores was just another way of moving the goal posts while “satisfying” the mob.

As they say, hopefully it’ll be here in 2 weeks. 😂

You only have yourself to blame. Just want to keep believing and hanging on Elon’s every Tweet where he again missed a deadline HE posts to 120M followers on Twitter then doesn’t deliver… haha
“Haha“? Most of us “100s” had fun with this yesterday and I see you went in a few minutes ago to put a little thumbs down on one of my posts from a day ago during the “celebration.”

Those of us that have been waiting for FSD since fall 2016 aren’t going to slit our wrists over this however it goes. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers of people with 100 scores is too high for Tesla’s plans and will need to be reduced. Haha, right? Wrong. After waiting five years, a few days or weeks or months wouldn’t be a big deal. I already use EAP/FSD for most of my city driving except for intersections so it’s not like the FSD Beta will be game changing. But the Safety Score Contest has been fun for those of us with a sense of humor. Haha and go away, grinch.