Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have twice that and a 100.

View attachment 719934
See? That's what I mean about the equation being nonlinear, such that the average of the aggregate scores is not the aggregate of the average scores. Your individual 5-factor scores of 0, 0.4, 0.4, 1.3, 0 would give an overall score of 99.24082, rounding to 99. But in actual fact, your total score is not calculated from those 5 values, but from the mileage-weighted average of your daily total scores.

On a given day, if HB is just a hair above 0.3% and all the rest are zero, then you can have at most 99 for that day.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Paying for something literally does entitle a person to it.
You paid for the "FSD" when it is finished and approved by regulators in your region, which it currently is not. We are not "entitled" to development versions, alpha/beta versions, etc. they create along the way, but I do appreciate Tesla trying to include as many of us as possible in the journey to the end product.

I didn’t know FSD beta early access was for sale. How much did you pay?
I wrote a reply and realized I was needlessly being a downer and would regret posting it. So I won't argue the point.
To answer your question, I paid $1500 (I think) for AP1. I got what I paid for, immediately, with few broken promises and I am very happy. I wish all FSD purchasers have just as good an experience as I did. For those having a rough time of it, for what its worth (nothing?) I understand and think your feelings are justified (for the most part). Now let us all sing Kumbaya. :)

Okay. What is the consensus of our analysis? Are we staying up again tonight? Or is it tomorrow?
Elon posted the following tweet at 1:13am CST on 10/10 (late 'Saturday night'):

He had just arrived from Germany. It was still Saturday night for him (he hadn't gone to bed yet). Any sane, rational, native English speaker in this situation saying 'tomorrow night' would mean 24 hours from then, so Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Like if I was hanging out late Saturday night, and said 'dude let's go to the movie's tomorrow night', I would NOT be referring to Monday night, EVEN IF the clock happened to be past midnight. My friends would absolutely show up on Sunday evening to go to the movies. And if I explained to them that it was after midnight when I said 'tomorrow night', and therefore I meant Monday evening, they wouldn't be my friends for long.

That said, who frigging knows.

At the very least, Elon could announce that drivers who had a 100 by Friday midnight have their scores locked in. But knowing him, he’s using this opportunity as a way for the already ample number of 100 people to drop down from a 100. Might even go as far as trigger FCW events on random people’s cars to meet the blind of 1,000.
I think that’s true. I had 100 for 2+ weeks and just got dinged Sunday evening for a totally bunk front collision warning. Down to 98.

I think that’s true. I had 100 for 2+ weeks and just got dinged Sunday evening for a totally bunk front collision warning. Down to 98.
I mean how is this a FCW?!

Attachments

• 1C34462F-BE62-4FCB-9C85-6BA78DFFF62B.png
    1C34462F-BE62-4FCB-9C85-6BA78DFFF62B.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 66