Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
The safety score has just disappeared from my Android Tesla app. App version 4.1.1-667

Anyone else seeing this?

I have the same version on Android, and the safety score is still there.
Dunno what was going on there for an hour, but it's back. And I'm at 99 this evening after a bogus FCW. I suppose at this point, 99 v 100 makes no difference. Just get to wait a "few days."

Reactions: Robert831
After letting FSB Beta drive me around for around 80 miles, my score is 95 for the day. FSD Beta drives like an 8-year-old. Too fast in dangerous situations, and too slow in others. I had to prevent several accident scenarios. It’s definitely an interesting experience. 😆

After letting FSB Beta drive me around for around 80 miles, my score is 95 for the day. FSD Beta drives like an 8-year-old. Too fast in dangerous situations, and too slow in others. I had to prevent several accident scenarios. It’s definitely an interesting experience. 😆
I agree, hard brakes, slow downs for no known reasons, missing highway exits completely.

But it is beta.. that means many issues. With more test drivers the system will get more data and hopefully rapidly get better.

Day #1 verdict: Scared the crap out of my a few times! lol

I agree, hard brakes, slow downs for no known reasons, missing highway exits completely.

But it is beta.. that means many issues. With more test drivers the system will get more data and hopefully rapidly get better.

Day #2 verdict: Bright and sunny, caused it to have issues of suddenly slowing down, confused. Went through city, handled most normal cases decently. Right turn's does seem to go out to line a bit too much.

Us 99%-ers will probably have to wait for the next release, where it's not quite as deadly. 10/23 is my guess.

Day two has been a bit hit (or close to hit) and miss. It really has a hard time navigating parking lots even if they have lane lines, etc. Just too much going on - twice it just stopped for no reason and would not move forward with me disengaging it. Also, I find you have to be careful when you engage FSD - I was going the wrong direction for navigation and when I engaged FSD it abruptly tried to head down a side street that I was just passing and so it basically caused the car to swerve across a dirt shoulder in order to make the turn. Otherwise I am still generally impressed. You do have to pay very close attention though and so I think a controlled rollout makes sense (sorry < 100ers).

Reactions: gunthermic
Today, I drove a 50 mile round trip route I've done many times before on EAP with the non-beta "FSD." What a difference today with Beta 10.2. Repeatedly phantom braked for no reason. One time it slammed on the brakes as I neared a flashing yellow light on the side of the road which indicating traffic signal ahead (several hundred yards away). My car came almost to a full stop, even though the speed limit along this section of road was 55, there was no traffic, and the traffic light was a long ways off. 10.2 had my car approaching cars in front of me which were slowing for traffic much too quickly. So, on the features which EAP handled pretty well on freeways and other roads, Beta 10.2 appears to be a step backwards.

Of course, 10.2 does things EAP doesn't, like turns on city streets, but the turns often seemed hesitant and were sometimes too wide, sometimes too narrow.

So, after one day, I'm not too impressed. If the next week or two shows similar problems continuing, I will request to have 10.2 removed for the time being. It is clearly not ready for prime time.

I had heard there was a button to report all such instances in real time, but I can't find it.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
So, after one day, I'm not too impressed. If the next week or two shows similar problems continuing, I will request to have 10.2 removed for the time being. It is clearly not ready for prime time.
Well, no need to remove. You can just stop using fsd for a while.

I had heard there was a button to report all such instances in real time, but I can't find it.
There is a video icon at the top you can press. Also, if you intervene the data gets sent to them.

Repeatedly phantom braked for no reason.
Yep. Same here.

Reactions: Robert831
My phone app would load the safety score this pm, I deleted and reinstalled the app this evening, and it doesn’t even show on the Home Screen, anyone else had this happen?
If you're in the fsd beta, that's expected.

I'm not in the fsd beta and experienced this just for a could hours on Monday afternoon/evening. It came back magically. Dunno what was up with that.

Any one hear of any "99" getting FSD Beta yet?
I
1A21CF14-8978-47B8-8904-D640B36951A3.jpeg

Reactions: Bruce W