Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!
Thanks!

Initial observations:
-- The technology is amazing .. and terrifying! :)
-- Yes, the car makes BAD mistakes still ... so everyone who gets the beta, BE ALERT, BE CAREFUL!
-- I'm surprised how aggressive the car can be when speeding up out of turns etc .. I suspect before its released Tesla will have to add some kind of "Normal/Aggressive" option in the UI (though I think some of this is safety, as some of the early betas were too slow getting a turn completed).
-- I wish tugging the wheel would disengage both FSD and cruise control .. its too easy to grab the wheel and end up with FSD off but the car still plowing ahead.

Ok so am I missing something? I have it turned on the beta and the visualization are all new but I can’t turn on cruise or autopilot it just keeps saying cruise unavailable or autopilot unavailable.. doesn’t show that the cameras are calibrating or anything.. does it take some time driving before the computer system is ready? Is there a different way to turn FSD on than how I turned on auto pilot?

Ok so am I missing something? I have it turned on the beta and the visualization are all new but I can’t turn on cruise or autopilot it just keeps saying cruise unavailable or autopilot unavailable.. doesn’t show that the cameras are calibrating or anything.. does it take some time driving before the computer system is ready? Is there a different way to turn FSD on than how I turned on auto pilot?
You have a route planned in Navigation?

I think that there is a bug in the program. I got the same thing over and over again. I also got RED CAR notifications about every 10 seconds for a car in front of me even when I was not in autopilot or FSD. Very frustrating!

Reactions: Tpstulane
I think that there is a bug in the program. I got the same thing over and over again. I also got RED CAR notifications about every 10 seconds for a car in front of me even when I was not in autopilot or FSD. Very frustrating!
Got the same red cars when not using fsd , thought it triggered on the sun flares lighting up the break lights. Now it seems to be wanting to roll back to previous version

Reactions: Tpstulane