Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is a silly question, if you get fsd beta, can you decide between the AP profile and fsd? Or does beta override AP logic?

Both the beta visualizations, and the "use city streets code" are on/off toggles in settings, and are set per-profile.

Both are on for my profile, both are off for my wifes profile for example.

THAT said- if you have a radar car, you do not get the vision-only cripples removed if you toggle the beta off so you're still stuck with 80mph max autosteer speed, and a min follow of 2.

Last edited:
I hit over 100 miles and have maintained a score of 100, but zero updates. Has anyone received the 10.2 update recently?

I'm wondering if that's paused, as I've read many say they were updated previously to 10.2 the day they hit 100/100 during this whole period.

So, any new drivers with 10.2 in the last few days?

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I would like to get a lot smarter about the details that many of you know about NN, Stacks, and the background of how FSD, NoA, and AP work. Where can I go to learn more about those things? I’m not a programer, but a retired pilot, and am fascinated with the details of how this stuff works.

In my life’s experience with aircraft autopilots, and flight management systems, the greatest threats to safety are natural human complacency (when automation is reliable) and overload failure when automation unexpectedly fails. Pilots train for that. What kind of training can we get for FSD beta testing?

Human factors scientists and engineers have been refining this stuff for decades. It’s interesting to note that SpaceX’s Crew Dragon is “hands off” from launch to docking and splashdown. Is the same tech that SpaceX uses, applied to Tesla’s systems?

I hit over 100 miles and have maintained a score of 100, but zero updates. Has anyone received the 10.2 update recently?

I'm wondering if that's paused, as I've read many say they were updated previously to 10.2 the day they hit 100/100 during this whole period.

So, any new drivers with 10.2 in the last few days?
I hit 100 early Thursday morning and got it Thursday evening. I did a full reset of the safety score a couple days before that.

Reactions: T-Racer
I would like to get a lot smarter about the details that many of you know about NN, Stacks, and the background of how FSD, NoA, and AP work. Where can I go to learn more about those things? I’m not a programer, but a retired pilot, and am fascinated with the details of how this stuff works.

In my life’s experience with aircraft autopilots, and flight management systems, the greatest threats to safety are natural human complacency (when automation is reliable) and overload failure when automation unexpectedly fails. Pilots train for that. What kind of training can we get for FSD beta testing?

Human factors scientists and engineers have been refining this stuff for decades. It’s interesting to note that SpaceX’s Crew Dragon is “hands off” from launch to docking and splashdown. Is the same tech that SpaceX uses, applied to Tesla’s systems?
YouTube is your friend, look up talks by Andrej Karpathy.

Hahahahah. My wife stopped watching hers after her first day pressing the button and seeing my 100 and her 89
Since my wife doesn’t own a Tesla or cruise this board, I’m going to say, if she was part of this safety score/beta thing, she would have a score of probably 19-39. Ha. And there it is sweetie, your a terrible driver, according to Tesla’s metrics.

I would like to get a lot smarter about the details that many of you know about NN, Stacks, and the background of how FSD, NoA, and AP work. Where can I go to learn more about those things?
I learned a lot from this 10-minute introductory video: Why neural networks aren't neural networks
I doubt there is a simpler explanation that does the topic justice. This video gave me a foot in the door for understanding some of what was talked about on AI Day.

A stack is a collection of software that performs a particular function, often integrated with specific hardware. For most purposes you can think of it as a program or a collection of programs that are tightly tied together. In reality it's slightly more complicated because a stack can include things like firmware and device drivers (which are often thought of as software but not programs) as well as more traditional "user-land" programs. When Tesla talks about changing stacks they are talking about replacing one set of end-to-end software with a new, incompatible set. It's like building a new airplane design instead of upgrading the engines or avionics in an existing design.

Having one stack for a particular function (like FSD) is much better than having two. Maintaining two stacks is a lot more than twice as hard as maintaining just one. Such redundancy is a frequent source of bugs and and is big pain in the neck in general. [It's possible the two stacks are why the Safety Score works differently than advertised on pre-beta] This is why combining the stacks is such a big deal. There may be regressions but there is also going to be a big sigh of relief from many Tesla FSD devs.

Copy of email

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

The Tesla Team