Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a situation today that pains me to report here but its a safety thing in my case. After not having the Autopilot working after first enabling 10.3 today, I plugged it in at home for an hour or so. Went for a drive after and was able to engage FSD autopilot. It was braking slightly randomly on straight aways with no one in front of me on cleanly painted road. Not a huge deal at that point. Then after coming out of the store, the ability to engage autopilot was once again gone. I tried a soft and hard reset. Nothing. Went home and plugged in for a half hour or so, nothing.

I then left to take about an hour drive to Cape May, NJ.

The car started giving me forward collision warnings repeatedly, even for cars 20 car lengths ahead or more. I turned off forward collision warnings at this point.

Then, while on a major road going about 55mph in manual drive (no autopilot engaged etc) and with forward collision warnings disabled and no one in front (but with people behind), the car out of no where slams on the brakes full force. I immediately try to press in the accelerator and the input is ignored. Car finally gives back control around 5mph. I gun it since the person behind me almost rammed me and because I had the accelerator fully pressed at this point. A half mile down the road, it did it again. I pulled over and disengaged all autopilot including emergency braking, autopilot, lane correction, etc.

I can’t say this is widespread or anything of the sort, but for those having forward collision warnings often, please take note here. The car, while not in autopilot, slammed the brakes and almost caused an accident. Again it pains me to say this since I want the beta to be successful and looked forward to it for so long, but I don’t want anyone getting hurt or damaging property either. I won’t be re-enabling until the next version

I had a situation today that pains me to report here but its a safety thing in my case. After not having the Autopilot working after first enabling 10.3 today, I plugged it in at home for an hour or so. Went for a drive after and was able to engage FSD autopilot. It was braking slightly randomly on straight aways with no one in front of me on cleanly painted road. Not a huge deal at that point. Then after coming out of the store, the ability to engage autopilot was once again gone. I tried a soft and hard reset. Nothing. Went home and plugged in for a half hour or so, nothing.

I then left to take about an hour drive to Cape May, NJ.

The car started giving me forward collision warnings repeatedly, even for cars 20 car lengths ahead or more. I turned off forward collision warnings at this point.

Then, while on a major road going about 55mph in manual drive (no autopilot engaged etc) and with forward collision warnings disabled and no one in front (but with people behind), the car out of no where slams on the brakes full force. I immediately try to press in the accelerator and the input is ignored. Car finally gives back control around 5mph. I gun it since the person behind me almost rammed me and because I had the accelerator fully pressed at this point. A half mile down the road, it did it again. I pulled over and disengaged all autopilot including emergency braking, autopilot, lane correction, etc.

I can’t say this is widespread or anything of the sort, but for those having forward collision warnings often, please take note here. The car, while not in autopilot, slammed the brakes and almost caused an accident. Again it pains me to say this since I want the beta to be successful and looked forward to it for so long, but I don’t want anyone getting hurt or damaging property either. I won’t be re-enabling until the next version

Agreed, Craptastic release. Will only enjoy/use new Visualizations and Yoke improvements; and likely will not use FSD Beta again until v11, whenever that may be.

Trigger the headlight stalk just after turning on AP. That's turned off the auto high beams for me, just prior to last nights update anyhow
It still does, and I started turning it off every time, I just wanted to see if they had improved as I have always left them off because they were always so bad. I don't think it will respect the setting to leave the auto off as it seems to put auto back on every time although I haven't gone into settings and tried turning it off there but from what I've heard it forces auto on an engagement. Maybe I just need to get the boombox speaker and put different roads to different music tracks so as the lights are flashing from high to low for every reflective sign, street light, and house light people at least get a sound track to go with it lol

Updated to 10.3 this morning - had first drive about 25 miles to have breakfast in NJ and overall a great experience. On my way back home Cruise Control and Autosteer were unavailable, the options never came up after first drive. I even tried rebooting the vehicle, no success. Is anyone else experiencing this with 10.3? I scheduled a service appointment.
I experienced the same thing this morning. I am hoping that it will engage later today.

Yeah none of the claimed fixes work. My first few drives it worked then nothing. Guess QC and testing aren’t a thing since so many are experiencing this. Expecting an update in the next day or so once they isolate and resolve it.

On top of that after the update my telescoping function in my steering wheel stopped working. So have a service request open as well. Unreal. It’s all the way forward stuck where I have it with easy access. Tried everything and nada just clicks when pressing the button.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: dogmodes and 82bert
Yeah none of the claimed fixes work. My first few drives it worked then nothing. Guess QC and testing aren’t a thing since so many are experiencing this. Expecting an update in the next day or so once they isolate and resolve it.

On top of that after the update my telescoping function in my steering wheel stopped working. So have a service request open as well. Unreal. It’s all the way forward stuck where I have it with easy access. Tried everything and nada just clicks when pressing the button.
Having the same issue but mine never worked... Reset the car, turned off sentry, toggled the buttons on/off... Just never worked

Updated to 10.3 this morning - had first drive about 25 miles to have breakfast in NJ and overall a great experience. On my way back home Cruise Control and Autosteer were unavailable, the options never came up after first drive. I even tried rebooting the vehicle, no success. Is anyone else experiencing this with 10.3? I scheduled a service appointment.
I have exactly the same things happening. I have the visualization but fsd 10.3 will not take over the car. Keeps saying autosteer is unavailable. Hmm. Maybe they need to do a little more work. This is a very complex task Tesla is trying to achieve, and they will get there. But, for now, I am not going to try and use autopilot again until we get an update. Keep working Tesla Team!!

Reactions: aescribens

It’s a beta. You are the tester.

I’m fine with bugs as that’s what I agreed to in order to be a beta tester. Luckily there are forums like this to help resolve them.

Disabling sentry mode, removing the USB drive, and rebooting didn’t work for me. However, leaving sentry mode off, getting out of the car and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes fixed it (and locked). It would be nice if there was a way for force reboot the FSD computer as I think the soft rest has no impact on if the FSD computer reboots.

In any case hope the above helps others who had the same bug.