Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the scroll wheel reset? I know generally what it’s for but how does it relate to the safwry score?
If you think or know you're going to get dinged for a trip because something happened, pull over somewhere and park the car but don't get out. If you reset with the scroll wheels then the trip will be erased and it won't be counted and you can start over.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
So yet another example of how this is all bullsh*t: I have a 98. Got an 84 cumulative on day 1, with a bogus FCW. Been trying to fix since. I have had one 98 day, mostly 100, and some 99. My overall score is a 98.

So, I will miss this beta, because I didn't game the system, which makes me a less-safe driver than someone with 2 days of 100, after resetting to achieve it. Makes any sense to you?

My wishlist for 10.3 is:

• Ability to recognize flashing yellow arrows and proceed through when safe
  • Moving into the turn lane quicker across multiple lanes
  • Toning down the speeds into turns
Don't you get any phantom breaking / FCW / sudden slow downs ? For me - its definitely the #1 issue, because it is somewhat unpredictable but happens frequently.

So yet another example of how this is all bullsh*t: I have a 98. Got an 84 cumulative on day 1, with a bogus FCW. Been trying to fix since. I have had one 98 day, mostly 100, and some 99. My overall score is a 98.

So, I will miss this beta, because I didn't game the system, which makes me a less-safe driver than someone with 2 days of 100, after resetting to achieve it. Makes any sense to you?
An illusion is never about making sense
An illusion is just a means to an end. An objective needed to be met, and the illusion worked.

You didn't play the game so you didn't win
I didn't play the game on day one, and lost out of the 100 release
I did play the game to get on the 99 team, but I can't explain with any rationality whatsoever as to why I played the game

The cheat isn't playing the game.
The cheat is giving the game the middle finger

If I had to do it all over again I would have given the game the middle finger.

An illusion is never about making sense
An illusion is just a means to an end. An objective needed to be met, and the illusion worked.

You didn't play the game so you didn't win
I didn't play the game on day one, and lost out of the 100 release
I did play the game to get on the 99 team, but I can't explain with any rationality whatsoever as to why I played the game

The cheat isn't playing the game.
The cheat is giving the game the middle finger

If I had to do it all over again I would have given the game the middle finger.
that makes you squid game champion

Don't you get any phantom breaking / FCW / sudden slow downs ? For me - its definitely the #1 issue, because it is somewhat unpredictable but happens frequently.

Agree along with
1. Get into the correct lane sooner
2. Stay to the right on unlined streets especially when turning right.
3. Reduce the steering wheel jerking

Reactions: Callahan27
I expect a lot of subtle gains in various areas and not always apparent unfortunately. Small incremental improvements is the name of the game here. Not bad, but also less rewarding for the user of today.
Yes - I'm sure they have been trying to address phantom braking & jittery turning issues for a while. Those 2 will take time to resolve - but are critical.

Pretty sure I just got my invite. Looks legit. Elon Musk Invite L35IW1... 🤣🤣🤣

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 7.48.58 PM.png

So the issue is, your post absolutely had to do with what I wrote.

And here's where it's clear it was related.

You say there's no cut-off.

Then tell us there's absolutely a cut off at HW3 and nobody is getting upgrades past that.

Why do you think they were telling the truth UP TO HW3, but lying about all needed upgrades being free after that?

We already know HW3 is insufficient for what was promised to at least the pre March 2019 FSD buyers, since it hasn't enough compute to run redundantly, which would be needed to operate without a human behind the wheel.

So at minimum HW4 for free would be likely under the existing free upgrades as needed policy.
Not playing your mental gymnastics game.

- HW3 is capable of being feature complete FSD.
- pre-HW3 will get upgraded to HW3 at any time (no cut-off date for that).
- HW4 will inevitably exist, offering improved performance and more features (than what FSD buyers were promised).
- There is absolutely no promise of HW3 being upgraded to HW4, nor should there have been, nor ever was there.

End of discussion.

I'm sure they have been trying to address phantom braking & jittery turning issues for a while.
I've experienced phantom braking too and think it'll improve a lot once my car is switched to vision-only and is no longer using its radar. Seems phantom braking is often caused by misleading data from the radar. I've noticed this in certain spots where the radar is very likely getting strong signal return from metal objects ahead of the car which are not actually in its path at all but on the side of the road, curves, etc. (like metal signs).