Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Free upgrades, as in what - if, in the future, you need additional hardware for later features?

Highly unlikely, I think... they already drew that line in the sand when they started calling 2017-2019 cars back to give them AP3 computers. That was a huge expense they had to swallow, and the only time they've ever done it. Extremely doubt they'd do it again. They're more likely to just not offer those features (though more likely: that performance/smoothness) on AP3 vehicles.

The camera retrofit is a relatively small number of cars, I think (it was only Model S/X, which were much, much lower volume than Model 3s), so that's not as bad as ever, ever needing to do a retrofit on the hundreds of thousands (over a million now, probably?) of cars that have AP3 hardware.
My 2020 X has no cabin camera, wonder why they didn’t add. Any thoughts why the ‘flagship’ model didn’t come with it?

My 2020 X has no cabin camera, wonder why they didn’t add. Any thoughts why the ‘flagship’ model didn’t come with it?

The camera retrofit is for the front facing camera, not the cabin camera. You have the right cameras for FSD. Model X owners with no cabin camera but HW3 and 100 scores have gotten the FSD Beta.

The X didn't get the cabin camera because it was an older design.