Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my first drive ever with beta. I'll be curious to read how previous testers compare it to 10.2, but .3 echoes a lot of what I read about .2:
  • Left turns get close to the median/curb
  • The force required to disengage is low, so i was able to take over easily.
  • Left and right turns, it jerks the car if the predicted path changes mid turn. Sometimes this is due to obscure turns where it's going in semi blind (hedge blocking full view), I think this is what people were describing as student driver. Quite jarring.
  • I'm so glad I dont have to worry about the safety score.

• Love
Reactions: Krock65 and T-Racer
Michigan here got it just after 3am. Just went for first drive, a few roads had horrible phantom braking, I'm talking like just get back up to speed and hit the brakes, back up to speed, hit the brakes. Got to the point I was starting to not feel well but it was only on a couple roads, others had none. Seemed to be on roads with dips and really small hills. Thank god they let us override the speeds, so many 55mph roads are showing as 25, and little neighborhood streets that you would go maybe 20-25 it wants to do 45. A few jerky turns, a few really impressive turns. I know for sure would not be comfortable using this with cars around at night with the way the phantom braking was and the damn auto high beams lol. There was a car coming, I turned on fsd, it flips the high beams on, then back off, the car passes me .. it's a cop who then taps his brakes as he passes me. Interested to see how it does during the daylight and if I will be able to bring myself to use it around other cars (a lot of people around here who already don't like Tesla drivers and will mess with you so really not trying to piss people off even more lol) Oh also a word of caution for stop signs that aren't mapped, before getting fsd my car on normal autopilot ran a stop sign (I let it because its a railroad crossing with lots of visibility and no other traffic and I wanted to see if it would try to stop at the last second), tonight (with fsd) one of those it did alright at (a little hard of a stop), the second it showed no signs of slowing down.

View attachment 724965This is interesting. I have not gotten the email, and also have not requested an update. Just looked in my App and it seems I’m downloading an update.
99.149 as of this afternoon.
Ok so now it’s installed, I have the 10.3 release notes, but have still not gotten the email, and FSD does not actually activate. I have the bug report icon, but can’t start FSD on side streets.

Reactions: T-Racer
My thanks to Joenathan and Bitjam for the tips! Your help is very much appreciated!

Tesla should provide an official training class for its beta testers. I know that they have a short Autopilot video on the website, but FSD is seriously complicated.

Watching You Tube videos over the past few months has been enlightening, scary, and very time consuming.

Here on Florida’s Space Coast, we got the email and app notification at 2:50 am Eastern. My wife has the car out of town, but I detailed that in another thread.

Again, thank you to everyone in this community who has been so helpful! Now the work really begins!