Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the boat where I enabled FSD and now the car is giving FCW for any car in front of me, and I can’t enable autopilot on the highway for more than 2 seconds without it screaming at me to take control immediately. Also, there is no autopilot available on city streets at all… just the new visualizations.

Do I need to recalibrate the cameras? The car is annoying as hell to drive right now. With it beeping at me every minute.
I was experiencing the FCWs too, autopilot is temporarily unavailable to me. I didn’t try disabling FSD to see if autopilot would work that way.

Reactions: HighZ
I was at 99% for 3 days in my 2020 model X, downloaded 10.3 at 4 am, went for my first drive at 5. It drives like a 14 year old you are teaching, can do some unexpected moves. You have to keep you foot on the accelerator to keep the phantom breaking under control and hold the wheel to prevent strange turns. Overall it does fine but not as smooth as we had hoped.

Reactions: flyhighboi20
Reported my first drive. No second drive sadly. Autopilot not available despite 1) confirmation it was still on 2) rebooting car 3) having advanced visualization showing on my screen.

So consistently reported seems like a bug. Hopefully addressed (or “fix”) discovered soon.

FWIW this happened on my second drive after getting 10.2 originally (first time I had the beta).

Drives after that it worked fine.

Haven't done anything with 10.3 yet (though I did install it) to see if it happens again.

Same here. 99 and nothing. Pretty bummed.
I got updated from 10.2 to 10.3 on my 3 and am in no hurry to try it out. If you have read a few posts here you shouldn’t be bummed. You should be happy. The roll out has probably been stopped.

BTW, I have been waiting nearly five years on my 12/2016 S and given the mess I am glad I have one car that isn’t all jacked up.

Trigger the headlight stalk just after turning on AP. That's turned off the auto high beams for me, just prior to last nights update anyhow
Thanks for this tip! I had to take my flight attendant wife to PHX airport yesterday at 4am. I didn't use the Beta with her in the car — didn’t want to scare her before work! But on the way back, the lights must have flipped from bright to dim 50 times before I gave up.

See below

Attachments

• 787431DF-8921-46C0-8DA5-753D0DA0F7E5.jpeg
    787431DF-8921-46C0-8DA5-753D0DA0F7E5.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
I got the same problem. I pulled over, parked, and looked at the Autopilot menu. FSD Beta had been shut off. All I had to do was re-enable and I was good to go again.
If you have a USB drive installed, disconnect it and turn off sentry mode. Reboot the vehicle. Keep usb unplugged. That should fix it. If all is well you can plug the USB drive back in. It is a known issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
Been seeing on Twitter that letting the car sit for awhile may resolve. No real firm wait period established from what I've read. Some have said 30 mintes to an hour, some wait longer. From what I've read it seems previous FSD Beta users have also had the issue.
Cool. I just hopped in again this morning 4 hours later (after a charge from 20% to 60% and a change from darkness to light out) and it is working again.