Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds dumb and dangerous. You really are hanging out to dry if you damage property or hurt someone for your puerile entertainment.

Your insurance company will have a blast denying you coverage for intentionally operating a recalled version.
Lol. I doubt that. You are responsible for your car no matter what version of software it was running. Tesla isn’t forcing the install, so that’s on Tesla. Your insurance isn’t going to deny coverage because you didn’t press a button.

Does your insurance deny coverage because you don’t press the break? Nope.

The self-driving part of 10.3 was pretty good while it worked. Not a big difference from 10.2, but i noticed turns were smoother.

The problem with 10.3 is that it stops working after a drive. And once you're in that state, you get all sorts of freaky glitches: FCWs, AEBs, sudden red hand disengagements of AP/NOA on the highway.

So that's what it was.

I drove to the grocery store partly on FSD Beta, but when I was coming home it wouldn't let me engage it. Then it proceeded to give me 3 FCW on the drive home for things not even close to me. I initially thought it was the Tesla Vision experience, but sounds like it was just these glitches.

Reactions: Krock65
So that's what it was.

I drove to the grocery store partly on FSD Beta, but when I was coming home it wouldn't let me engage it. Then it proceeded to give me 3 FCW on the drive home for things not even close to me. I initially thought it was the Tesla Vision experience, but sounds like it was just these glitches.
Same thing here. So the pattern was identified and seems consistent. I too had one 5 mile drive on 10.3 autopilot and even it wasn’t wonderful. Tapping breaks randomly and hesitating during turns or not at all turning. Next trip is when the erroneous FCW and hard braking happened.

You realize you can still have FSD beta build with visualizations and not use FSD beta city, right?

Why someone would fully opt out is beyond me.
As far as I know, what we had this morning still hard braked and gave false FWC / AP disengagement and red hands constantly even if you turned the FSD 10.3 beta off. So opting out is a legitimate action at this point if you’re not willing to have potential issues which cannot be “disengaged”

Reactions: BCNY
You're basing a lot of your claims on things that we simply don't know.

Which ones, specifically?

We don't know what we were promised with FSD.

Speak for yourself, I certainly know I was promised at least L4.

If they deliver MORE, great, but that's not what I was promised.

You make the claim that there are two promises depending on when a buyer purchased the car

It's not a "claim" so much as literally what Tesla tells you during the purchase

Also the CFO appeared to confirm this reading of the situation on the Q3 conference call last week.

, and you're basing it on how FSD was described when a customer placed the order. Fair enough, but this completely throws out the entire marketing and other communications from Tesla. It also splits Tesla FSD owners into two groups where I'm in the True FSD group, and the newer group has Fake FSD.

Well, that's actually the case though.

If you're an EAP owner, for example, and you want to "subscribe to FSD" you literally get different stuff for a different price than someone with basic (post 3/19) AP gets and they also pay a different price for it.

There ARE two different FSD packages.

Now, it's entirely possible Tesla will choose to deliver L4 (assuming they reach that) to ALL buyers in both categories.

Certainly for marketing/PR reasons it'd make sense that they choose to do so.

But they're only legally OBLIGATED to deliver to to the pre 3/19 folks.

In fact at the time the change happened much of the discussion was on the transparent reasoning for the change being exactly that-- so that should be find they're NOT able to deliver L4, the # of cars they're on the hook to refund is vastly smaller.

You base the claim that some states will allow L4/L5 driving, but is this claim based on how they handle autonomous vehicle testing or how they handle deployment of privately owned vehicles? Those are two very different things.

It's not, actually, in the states I'm talking about.

Many US states right now allow deployment of privately owned vehicles at L4 or L5

No "waiting for regulators" at all.

Certainly not EVERY state. The ONE you cherry picked has much much stricter rules.

But many others do not, and explicitly allow L4 or L5 right now on public roads, in privately owned cars.

Now- certainly they could say "Well regulators are holding us back in SOME states" but that wouldn't get them out of providing it in the many other states it's legal right now.

So there's no "get out of jail" card here AT ALL.

As far as I know, what we had this morning still hard braked and gave false FWC / AP disengagement and red hands constantly even if you turned the FSD 10.3 beta off. So opting out is a legitimate action at this point if you’re not willing to have potential issues which cannot be “disengaged”
To be fair, I had no problems with my drives this morning x 2. So n of 1 it was fine. If people are having issues with manual driving, then that’s another story. They stopped the push to a different firmware, so I’m surprised if this is the case.

Lol. I doubt that. You are responsible for your car no matter what version of software it was running. Tesla isn’t forcing the install, so that’s on Tesla. Your insurance isn’t going to deny coverage because you didn’t press a button.

Does your insurance deny coverage because you don’t press the break? Nope.
Ok. Please carry on with a known dangerous condition you could mitigate by simply allowing Tesla to remove it. 😁

Reactions: jabloomf1230
exactly the same here . Even without it activated. Tons of FWC, when cars in front were way far ahead….

I also CANNOT enable FSD (no wheel icon) on city streets. Only on freeways. But it’s giving me the random annoying FCW in both city or freeway driving.

They reverted back to 10.2 temporarily!

Attachments

• F1060F73-8317-4775-8FE6-D31478DF0D55.jpeg
    F1060F73-8317-4775-8FE6-D31478DF0D55.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 81
I had to turn off FCWs in the settings, and I also toggled off FSD beta. That still did not prevent red hands deactivation of AP/NOA on the highway.

If you're still on 2021.36.5.2, I would recommend full manual control (no attempt at using AP) for now.
Unfortunately not enough. I had everything disabled, even autosteer, and still got a nasty automatic emergency brake in the middle of the freeway. REALLY SCARY. I was lucky that there was nobody behind me.

Attachments

• E2A35658-8BB1-40DE-9608-68744D2C81CD.jpeg
    E2A35658-8BB1-40DE-9608-68744D2C81CD.jpeg
    818.5 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: am_dmd
I don't see any way to roll back. 10.3 was actually working pretty well for me but now I'm not sure if I should drive the car at all.
I wonder if they pulled the rollback away from cars they were internally able to identify as unaffected by the bug. Some communication on their findings and next steps in a bit more detail would be helpful. But their PR departments (Elon) time is probably pretty distracted today wit getting the issue fixed first.