Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not seeing it yet for me. I did the downgrade to 5.1, I wonder if they are doing those that didn't downgrade first and then roll it to the rest of us.

Like man others, I updated to 2021.36.5.2 , and then the car downloaded 2021.36.5.1 - but it disappeared before it could be installed.
So I'm still on 2021.36.5.2 , and, as of now, I have not received any further updates today.

Nothing new showing on TeslaFi, either. We should learn not to take Elon literally. When he said 10.3.1 was "rolling out now", he meant, "Probably soon, maybe later today, if all goes well." :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.23.41 AM.png

I think the hyperbole about being dangerous is overblown. I know a few people claimed to go full FCW and brakes on the highway, but honestly, that is their own fault to rely on technology from Tesla that still can't seem to perfect like other makers. ROFL
I didn't know that I should be disabling safety features on all new vehicles. Seems irresponsible. I do not believe the AEB event I experienced yesterday was my fault, it happened while driving with FSD disabled driving manually. There were many people who experienced this very serious issue.

Reactions: GateFather
I didn't know that I should be disabling safety features on all new vehicles. Seems irresponsible. I do not believe the AEB event I experienced yesterday was my fault, it happened while driving with FSD disabled driving manually. There were many people who experienced this very serious issue.
I'm surprised (but happy) that there were no reports of actual accidents yesterday, or at least none hitting mainstream in a way that i'd see without going to look for it. I do not believe it was overblown. All FSD and Autopilot menu options off and still slammed on brakes twice within a mile going 55mph. I was nearly rear-ended both times and pulled over after, wondering what I should do.

As far as not really being able to disable safety systems, this isn't unusual. On the track, the first thing you do is turn off the traction control systems. This kinda turns it down at best. Very few cars actually turn these systems off despite the implied function of the traction control 'OFF' switch or setting. Too many lawyers and too much data showing the systems save people from themselves way more often than the system failures cause issues.

Reactions: zigmeister
Has it been determined / announced what the issue is? I’d wonder if maybe it has to do with the firmware config trying to use hardware that doesn’t exist on some cars - notably the radar? Perhaps they botched the config of which cars have which hardware capabilities?

Nothing new showing on TeslaFi, either. We should learn not to take Elon literally. When he said 10.3.1 was "rolling out now", he meant, "Probably soon, maybe later today, if all goes well." :rolleyes:

View attachment 725454
I didn’t install the production software during its brief appearance yesterday but obviously lots of people did. Perhaps that is complicating the rollout.

Got 99 on Saturday Morning- still no Beta for me yet
hope they are doing daily rollouts like they did with 100 scores
Similar or same situation. I got my safety score up from 98 to 99 on Friday night by 10pm eastern, but still no FSDBeta email or software update for me either. Given the rollback situations, probably just as well, looking forward to whatever happens next, whenever that is...

I was briefly offered the “rollback” yesterday on my MX. By the time I got to taking any action, it was not available anymore. Haven’t had any issues on 10.3.

Has anyone with a radar car had the braking and fcw issues?
2018 M3 LR (with radar)
Rollback downloaded over cellular. Disappeared before I could install it. Brake check once on the freeway at 70mph. I was able to override with the accelerator but scared the sh** out if my wife. ACWs ever few seconds for cars 100s of feet away but not for close cars. Still at 10.3 but unable to activate FSD or autopilot (as of last night).

Hello,

We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3.1 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635178442162.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

The Tesla Team

Reactions: T-Racer