Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s Model 3 20” sport wheel tire package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone purchase this 20” package from Tesla for their non performance M3?Model 3 20" Sport Wheel and Tire Package

what do they mean by this “This package includes rear suspension adjustments to optimize ride quality, and is only available for installation after delivery.”

Does this include lowering the rear suspension? What do they mean by “suspension adjustment”?
That's a head scratcher. Even more confusing is that the listing says it does not work with the performance dual motor model 3, where that is actually the tire and wheel compliment! So something's up with that listing that doesn't make sense. Both front and rear are lowered on the performance model so an adjustment to the rear suspension alone doesn't get you there.

Yeah, that suspension part is interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with rear sway bars...

Regardless, that package is overpriced.
Agree it’s a lot but I paid for it because I thought it included a suspension adjustment but they actually didn’t do anything. I’m looking to file a complaint somewhere. Either the description is misleading or the service center got it wrong. I’m just hoping I find someone else who has had this work done so that I have some reference.

Agree it’s a lot but I paid for it because I thought it included a suspension adjustment aka lowering the car but they actually didn’t do anything. I’m looking to file a complaint somewhere. Either the description is misleading or the service center got it wrong. I’m just hoping I find someone else who has had this work done so that I have some reference.

Anyone purchase this 20” package from Tesla for their non performance M3?Model 3 20" Sport Wheel and Tire Package

what do they mean by this “This package includes rear suspension adjustments to optimize ride quality, and is only available for installation after delivery.”

Does this include lowering the rear suspension? What do they mean by “suspension adjustment”?
iirc the knuckle is different, or some part back there is different that changes the geometry of the suspension. @MasterC17 may know what part specifically it is that is different on the P and non-P setups.

iirc the knuckle is different, or some part back there is different that changes the geometry of the suspension. @MasterC17 may know what part specifically it is that is different on the P and non-P setups.

Physically, nothing is different except for the sway bar, but they are definitely not including that in this package. I am pretty sure they are referring to a four wheel alignment when they say "rear suspension adjustments"; but oddly I don't think the "Spec" for Performance and non-Performance are any different.

Definitely an odd description, should just be removed from the ad. $4,000 is steep, but a bit less than if you just priced the parts together individually.

Reactions: thinktwice and Sam1
I really think this is misleading and I should file a complaint somewhere. I purchased this thinking they were going to drop the suspension but didn’t do anything. If I would have know , I woulda purchased rims elsewhere.

Not sure how you interpreted "rear suspension adjustments" as "dropping" the suspension. Also not sure why you would spend $4k without checking first? Not saying you are wrong that the description is vague, and possibly misleading, but this sounds like a case of buyers remorse.

Reactions: thinktwice
Not sure how you interpreted "rear suspension adjustments" as "dropping" the suspension. Also not sure why you would spend $4k without checking first? Not saying you are wrong that the description is vague, and possibly misleading, but this sounds like a case of buyers remorse.
Suspension drop seems like a reasonable interpretation. Have you ever tried to get a hold of someone at a service center without an appointment? Not only does the service center never answer, but there’s no contact information for online orders so checking first is pretty much impossible.

Potentially assuming it because the performance has a lower suspension with the PUP and 20"s.