Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s naming of vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S☰XYR... Z

In any case, I currently enjoy writing the word 'Model' for each of them. If they were ever to release an 'ELON' I'm sure that Ford would sue them (claiming infringement on 'EDSEL'), and so would Lotus/KIA (even though they haven't used 'ELAN' for some time). Of course, that would only be attempted posthumously, because I think Elon Musk would be sorely embarrassed by having a car named after him.

In keeping with Elon’s intent that the name of his vehicles spell SEXY, why not name a vehicle “I”, place the “I” in front the and you get SI☰XY. The ☰ needs a little modification to match the letters.
I don't like this idea one bit. It could mess up someone's board name. How would you like it if I suggested spelling Fred F-i-r-e-d?

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
Which do you prefer:
  • iPhone 6S or Galaxy
  • Windows 10 or OSX Mountain Lion
  • R2D2 or Megatron
  • Model 3 or Bolt?
I'm fine either way, but using letters & numbers vs names would be a safer bet. Would be less likely to come up with weird names such as... oh I don't know... Tesla Cowbell 250D? :p:confused:o_O

Last edited:
Given Elon's penchant for movie and Sci-Fi references we could end up with models named:
Bellerophon, Enterprise, Prometheus, Yamato, Galactica, Serenity, Nostromo, Discovery One, or many others.

On the more obscure note there could be:
wooden badger, krikkit, Ni, Eagle 5, Druidia, Heart of Gold

Might be copywrite issues with some of those though ...

Given my Model X is named Serenity, Elon may not name any future Tesla vehicle Serenity.

• Funny
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
SO many names:

Pillar of Autumn, Andromeda Ascendant, Forward unto Dawn, Pax Megallanic, The Heart of Midlothian, Lancers Hope, Lance Held High, Midian Breach, Midsummer Night, The Fires of Orion, Razor's Edge, Salient Debate, Vanguard, Constitution of Politics...

NX, Constitution, Halcyon, Prometheus, Galaxy, Behemoth, Ambassador, Calypso, Miranda, Laden, Soyuz, Parabola, Daedelus, Reverence, Sovereign, Glorious Heritage...

Star-Trek-Ships-of-the-Line.jpg