TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla’s (NASDAQ:TSLA) ‘Ponzi Scheme’

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by NerdUno, Mar 20, 2019.

1. SamDean

SamDean Member

"Tesla is nothing more than a deposit-churning Ponzi scheme, that only keeps its light on thanks to gullible buyers who front the cost of production of the next model, and the next, and so on."

The entire article describes what a lot of business's do to ensure capital. It's not a "Ponzi Scheme", as it's a cash flow strategy for a company that is still in a fundamentally start up phase. Additionally, a company that has delivered 500,000+ vehicles is far from a scheme for "gullible buyers". This whole article reads like a click bate hit piece on the first American Car Company to hit mass success in 100 years.

I am not unaware of Tesla's faults. I am not a fan boy. But if this article was written about a company I hated, I would like to think I'd still have the same things to say about it and the company.

• Like x 1
  2. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Yawn, consider the source, editor Paul Ebeling. He's about as anti-technology as one can get. He hates everything about advancement, improvements, etc. He makes his money off of bad mouthing pretty much everything. I think he still drives a horse-drawn buggy and wear a black hat ;):D

• Like x 1