Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s on Kauai

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So maybe an older thread, but I'm looking for anyone local to Kauai who might be interested to meet up and talk story about the Model 3 or the Tesla experience in general here. I'm in the Wailua Homesteads, but will gladly meet up anywhere that is convenient. If there's a meet-up anywhere, I'd love to join in!
My wife and I have lived here for just over a year (after visiting 1-2 times a year for almost 20 years) and I think I've finally convinced her to take the plunge on a Model 3.
I've noticed several chargers around the island, but most appear to have little (to no) maintenance and are likely useless. Not a huge concern for us, since we can get enough charging using a standard 15-20amp plug nightly at home, given our needed range.
Since we're about to break ground on a house, in the next year or so we should have a "real" charging solution. As it stands, we also have access to the dryer plug in our current garage if we really needed a little more range, a little faster.
As someone that left my job at Tesla to move here, I'm obviously a fan, but have been focusing on getting the house going (and trying to afford it) and waiting for one of our ICE cars to show serious signs of aging before getting serious about it. (I keep my cars in WAY too good a shape. :) )
Now if they could just get the solar tiles here......

Reactions: Akikiki
So maybe an older thread, but I'm looking for anyone local to Kauai who might be interested to meet up and talk story about the Model 3 or the Tesla experience in general here. I'm in the Wailua Homesteads, but will gladly meet up anywhere that is convenient. If there's a meet-up anywhere, I'd love to join in!
My wife and I have lived here for just over a year (after visiting 1-2 times a year for almost 20 years) and I think I've finally convinced her to take the plunge on a Model 3.
I've noticed several chargers around the island, but most appear to have little (to no) maintenance and are likely useless. Not a huge concern for us, since we can get enough charging using a standard 15-20amp plug nightly at home, given our needed range.
Since we're about to break ground on a house, in the next year or so we should have a "real" charging solution. As it stands, we also have access to the dryer plug in our current garage if we really needed a little more range, a little faster.
As someone that left my job at Tesla to move here, I'm obviously a fan, but have been focusing on getting the house going (and trying to afford it) and waiting for one of our ICE cars to show serious signs of aging before getting serious about it. (I keep my cars in WAY too good a shape. :) )
Now if they could just get the solar tiles here......

You can try reaching out to Home | Kauai EV . They have a few events. Tesla Hawaii Club doesn’t have many Kauai members so no meetups planned.

The free public chargers around the island have greatly improved in the last few months. Everyone's starting to install chargepoint. Kikui Grove mall is the latest to replace their broken generic charger with free chargepoint access.

I've charged at home twice ever because of the availability of public charging. Once the adoption of EVs increases, I expect to charge at home.

The free public chargers around the island have greatly improved in the last few months. Everyone's starting to install chargepoint. Kikui Grove mall is the latest to replace their broken generic charger with free chargepoint access.

I've charged at home twice ever because of the availability of public charging. Once the adoption of EVs increases, I expect to charge at home.
Is there a place to rent an EV on Kauai for about 2 weeks mid October?