TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla’s real driver of success: the enduring quest for heroic masculinity

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chopr147, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Tesla's Chief Driver of Success: Masculinity | Huffington Post

This was written in 2014 but I found it amusing. Elon is Tony Stark and us Tesla owners are masculine super heroes :)

Almost like Iron Man, Tesla Man combines rugged individualism, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and a seemingly unshakeable faith in markets and technology with a sensible care for nature, the planet, and future generations. Starting at $100.000, Tesla and Elon Musk invite middle- and upper-middle-class men to become mindful Man-of-Action heroes

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. kort677

kort677 Banned

how about all the women who bought a tesla? is this their inner man rearing it's head?

• Disagree x 1
  3. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Sorry Mr. sensitive or is it Miss? but I didn't write the article.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

People love to make things fit their theories.

My theory:
    Electric = Clean = Guilt-free
    Acceleration = Fun

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That article is trying to hard, over-analyzing something that is just not that complicated. Men and women are attracted to Tesla cars for a wide variety of reasons, based on my conversations over the years.

• Informative x 1