Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s Roadster Supercar Will Be Available in Special Paint Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The upcoming Tesla Roadster will come with optional “special paint,” Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter.

The car designed to give a “hardcore smackdown” to all others is expected to start production in mid to late 2021. Musk said they’re adding color options as the company did for the original Roadster.

In 2008, the Roadster was available in “Very Orange,” “Electric Blue,” Brilliant Yellow Metallic,” “Fusion Red,” and “Racing Green.”

With a base price of $200,000, the second generation of the car expected to pack impressive specs even for a supercar – 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds and a range of up to 620 miles from a 200 kWh battery pack.

That said, Tesla Chief Designer Franz von Holzhausen – the man who drove the Roadster out of the Tesla Semi for its debut – said last year on a podcast that the Roadster “will be even better than what we’ve unveiled in every way.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of going with red for my roadster but that orange looks amazing.

Ensll_kXUAAA7Fm

When I was looking at vinyl samples to wrap my Model S, my top picks were orange or teal. I waffled quite a while before picking 3M Atomic Teal, and I have not regretted. It is eye-popping vivid and gets a lot of compliments. I have shown pictures before, but cameras can't capture it accurately. I think it’s outside the normal digital color gamut.

It reminds me a little of that line from The Matrix. “Unfortunately, nobody can be shown Atomic Teal on a screen. You have to see it yourself.”

I have had contrarian thoughts, though, about just getting a new white Roadster with black interior like the 1st gen that I already own. It’s clean, purposeful, no-nonsense. Like James Bond’s Esprit S1. And you know, it’s gonna be noticed no matter what color it is.

Reactions: kayleia and byeLT4