Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 12V Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owner's manual for the Y has an item that seems rather silly.

Opening and Closing
Interior Storage and Electronics
Low Voltage Power Socket
Warning
To prevent excessive interference with the vehicle’s electronics, Tesla recommends that you do not plug any non-Tesla accessories, including power inverters, into the low voltage power socket. However, if you do use a non-Tesla accessory and notice any malfunctions or unexpected behavior, such as indicator lights, alert messages, or excessive heat from the accessory, unplug the accessory from the low voltage power socket immediately.

I am not aware of any Tesla accessories that plug into those sockets. So if there are no Tesla accessories, but you should only use Tesla accessories... something is wrong with this picture. (I said it was silly.)

I think this is just a CYA for Tesla. Some accessories generate RF signals and can interfere with other systems, this is why, for example, the FAA does not allow cellphone usage on airplanes. Just use whatever you want, if you see something funny just unplug the device and if the problem goes away replace the device with a higher quality one.

Reactions: Gadget63