Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 17 kW with 4 Powerwalls in SW Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, the plywood is above the panels and only there to hide the wiring. It passed inspection prior to the solar install so hopefully it will again. However, it looked pretty bad, so I put together something myself using better materials and workmanship, and painted the conduits while I was at it.

Waiting on the City inspection, which is pending the today's submission of the signed and sealed plan modifications.

IMG_7260.jpg

Actually, the plywood is above the panels and only there to hide the wiring. It passed inspection prior to the solar install so hopefully it will again. However, it looked pretty bad, so I put together something myself using better materials and workmanship, and painted the conduits while I was at it.

Waiting on the City inspection, which is pending the today's submission of the signed and sealed plan modifications.

View attachment 624705
that sure looks nice

View attachment 624705

Good luck with the inspection!

A few updates...

Instead of submitting the plan revisions on 12/30 as promised, Tesla didn't submit until 1/7. I'm still waiting for the City to review and approve the changes.

I decided to do a longer off-grid test. We started last Wednesday and are still going. Yesterday was the first day that was mostly clear until around noon. I tried everything to use the extra solar power (washer, dryer, etc.), but by 2PM Powerwalls were full and the inverters were cycling. Even with the inverters cycling for two hours and afternoon clouds, my 17kW system still produced 71.2kWh for the day!

IMG_7304.PNG
IMG_7303.PNG