Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 19” sport wheels on Model 3 Performance with PUP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m gonna need new tires soon and I’m thinking about swapping out the 20” sport wheels on my Performance Model 3 (with performance upgrade package, or “PUP”) for the Tesla 19” sport wheels at the same time. But I’m not sure what all might be involved, due to the extra “lip” on the hubs of the performance upgrade package which requires a recess in the wheels, plus there's maybe a slightly different wheel offset.

The notes on the online Tesla Shop say the 19” sport wheel and tire package is not compatible with the performance upgrade package, though someone here suggested that’s actually not true. FWIW, the Tesla shop even says the 20” sport wheel and (summer) tire package is not compatible with the Performance model with PUP, though it says the 20” sport wheel and winter tire package is only compatible with cars ‘configured with 20” Performance Wheel’. That's all possibly correct, but it just seems unlikely, especially that they’d make two different versions of the 20” sport wheel (and one would be incompatible with the PUP).

I actually had a 19” sport wheel one on my car for a few weeks, as a flat-tire “loaner.” I don’t know if it was specially machined with the hub lip recess in order to be a “universal” replacement wheel, as the Tesla roadside service person referred to it, or if they all have that now. Assuming I could get Tesla to sell me the 19” sport wheels (or I could always get a friend with a non-performance model to buy them), I’d be willing to take them to another shop to have the recess machined into them if needed.

In addition to the hub lip recess issue, I know the offset of the 20” performance wheel is different from the 19’s, but just a very small amount (3-5mm), which I’d be fine with. Alternatively, maybe I could use a spacer to move them back out (and in that case I might actually move them a bit further out), or maybe the hub lip precludes the use of a spacer?

I know there are many other options for 19” wheels that fit, but I really like the Tesla sport wheels. Anybody actually done it, or know what all is involved?

I'd be curious to know as well. I'm actually coming from the other side as you (want the 20", but have the 19" on my non-P AWD). I've not had the time to dismount a wheel to see if it has the stepped recess in the wheel.

Hi guys ,
Last week I bought 19' sport wheels with winter tires (pirelli sottozerro 3) from other shop (not Tesla) and the guy who sold/installed them in the shop said they fit perfectly.We checked toghether as I have brought 3mm spacers to install but they have had this small lip in the back and guy confirmed it is not needed.
I'm just not sure how to verify if they are 1000% original Tesla rims but they look 100% the same as my performance 20'. They had small yellow sticker on them with text "Peel here" maybe someone who bought winter package from Tesla can confirm if this small sticker comes on the winter set bought from Tesla. If that is the case then newer model of 19' rims now fit P3D+ too.

P.s. If you need spacers I still have them. My location is Bruxelles, Belgium and I will give them to anyone who is willing to pick them up.

79F6F162-EC76-4759-9091-E5D087BBA23E.jpeg
B3BD5FE2-56B2-418E-95C2-F2DBAA3D120E.jpeg
The 19inch oem wheel fit perfectly on a performance:) even with 380mm rotor and 6 piston Caliper!!

Reactions: MODEL+
Not to bump an old thread but has someone successfully fitted 19 inch sport wheels to Performance? Finalizing my winter wheel set up, deciding between buying a set of used 19 sport wheels or aftermarket 18s...

Are there two versions of the 19 sport wheels, with lip and no lip?

Not to bump an old thread but has someone successfully fitted 19 inch sport wheels to Performance? Finalizing my winter wheel set up, deciding between buying a set of used 19 sport wheels or aftermarket 18s...

Are there two versions of the 19 sport wheels, with lip and no lip?
I believe Tesla roadside assistance uses the 19" sport wheels as a "universal loaner" for Model 3s in many cases. My 19s from late Dec 2018 have the stepped lip that will fit a P. You're looking for this (I think):

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_135325-COLLAGE.jpg
    IMG_20191208_135325-COLLAGE.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 904