Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2.5 Roadster Amazing Condition and Custom Work 10K Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I wanted to list my Roadster here before trying any other paths because I feel that the right owner that will really care for this beautiful car is more than likely a Tesla Enthusiast. This Roadster has a great story and has been kept in amazing condition for the past 3 years. Here are some of the highlights:

Telsa 2.5 Roadster
Full Carbon Fiber Accessories Interior
Upgraded Radio System that Supports OVMS application.
OVMS Equipment for remote access to car including locks and charging status.
10,200 Miles
Battery Shows 194 miles as ideal range
Hard Top and Soft Top Included. Hard Top Case Included as well.
In addition I have a car cover, 240V Universal Mobile Connector "UMC", and the CAN JR J1772 adapter and an extremely rare CAN adapter for the High Power Wall Charger / Super Charger.

The current vehicle has been totally wrapped in a Matte Black Vinyl film. This is similar to wrapping the front of your vehicle in a clear wrap, but this wrap is the entire vehicle. Additionally, the rear lights have been tinted black as well. Prior to the wrap being installed, this car was refinished by Tesla as I bought this as a CPO directly from Tesla. The color under the wrap is Arctic White! So the car was completely perfect, and then I had a protective wrap over the entire Roadster. This includes the Hard Top. So if you don't like the Matte Black, you have simply remove the wrap and have a White Tesla....or Drive it as a Matte Black Telsa for a couple years, then unwrap you new car....A bright white beauty!

The car drives perfectly and I had it recently serviced by Tesla. The car has never been in any accidents and has been garaged for the its entirety.

I have a couple of pictures of the car as it was when it was all white, and a some more pictures of it after the wrap. I am trying to price this fairly, and I have put a lot into it. I am looking to see offers at or above $100,000. This is a truly unique Roadster and hopes it goes to a great home. I am located in Columbus Ohio and willing to discuss any details for a sale.
16423.jpg
20160417_201923_resized.jpg
20160417_201941_resized.jpg
20160417_202008_resized.jpg
20160417_202016_resized.jpg
20160417_202026_resized.jpg
20160417_202125_resized.jpg
20160417_202101_resized.jpg
94A7280B-0481-4367-A089-822B83741897.JPG
A276ADDC-CEB6-422A-A7F7-B7231640F183.JPG

Sure...the adapter is the CAN Senior. It works on on the HPWC Of course it doesn't charge at those rates and I'm sure you already knew that as would any educated buyer. That's why I listed it on the Tesla forum. Guess I better spell everything out (which might be impossible)

Jason

Last edited:
Sure...the adapter is the CAN Senior. It works on on the HPWC and Super Charger. Of course it doesn't charge at those rates and I'm sure you already knew that as would any educated buyer. That's why I listed it on the Tesla forum. Guess I better spell everything out (which might be impossible)

Jason
Or learn what you have. It DOES NOT allow charging at superchargers.

BTW the 3.0 battery does not have a range of 400 miles either. That was the range with the entire package (battery, bearings, tires and aero modifications). Nothing but the battery has been released.

Can everyone tell I dislike false advertising?

Reactions: bonnie and dhrivnak
will u be able to transfer your SIM card for OVMS to the new owner? I haven't followed the evolution of OVMS for some time now so my info may be out of date, but I remember that we had to get a monthly data plan with one of the carriers back in the day...

I will have to check with AT&T. This was a plan that I paid 100 upfront and it provided access that would use very little data. Seems like I typically got around 9 months coverage for the cost. Will need to investigate a little further.

will u be able to transfer your SIM card for OVMS to the new owner? I haven't followed the evolution of OVMS for some time now so my info may be out of date, but I remember that we had to get a monthly data plan with one of the carriers back in the day...

Or learn what you have. It DOES NOT allow charging at superchargers.

BTW the 3.0 battery does not have a range of 400 miles either. That was the range with the entire package (battery, bearings, tires and aero modifications). Nothing but the battery has been released.

Can everyone tell I dislike false advertising?
I apologize for the Super Charger statement and I have edited the post. I did mention the car was capable of upgrading to 3.0 and the battery. To suggest this is false advertising seems a little bit of an overstatement. Bit to each their own.

I think the snarkiness and pushback you're getting from your listing is the "used car salesman" language in your post(s).

You're selling "features" that simply aren't.

Mentioning the selling point that YOUR car is compatible with the 3.0 battery upgrade is basically nonsense, since ALL Roadsters are compatible with the 3.0 upgrade (for the "rock-bottom price" of $29,000.00). (to me, this would be like advertising a Honda Accord and mentioning that your Accord is capable of accepting aftermarket wheels)

You've also taken pains to point out that it includes the "extremely rare" (your phrase) CAN Sr adapter. I'm not sure how calling something that anyone can buy...today...as "extremely rare". If you want one, call up Henry, he'll ship you one out.

Plus, your listing still says "an extremely rare CAN adapter for the High Power Wall Charger / Super Charger."

This isn't a matter of opinion, or "semantics". If you use the phrase "Super Charger" and "Tesla Roadster" together...you...are...wrong. thefortunes is right to talk about false advertising with regards to this.

And, finally, people on here, myself included, might give you a little more slack if you weren't asking about $20,000 more than what a very-good condition non-sport Roadster is selling for these days.

I don't think anyone is trying to beat you up but, as you pointed out, this is a Tesla enthusiast website; you're dealing with people who DO know better.

Reactions: Jaff and dhrivnak
I think the snarkiness and pushback you're getting from your listing is the "used car salesman" language in your post(s).

Mentioning the selling point that YOUR car is compatible with the 3.0 battery upgrade is basically nonsense, since ALL Roadsters are compatible with the 3.0 upgrade (for the "rock-bottom price" of $29,000.00). (to me, this would be like advertising a Honda Accord and mentioning that your Accord is capable of accepting aftermarket wheels)

You've also taken pains to point out that it includes the "extremely rare" (your phrase) CAN Sr adapter. I'm not sure how calling something that anyone can buy...today...as "extremely rare". If you want one, call up Henry, he'll ship you one out.

Plus, your listing still says "an extremely rare CAN adapter for the High Power Wall Charger / Super Charger."

This isn't a matter of opinion, or "semantics". If you use the phrase "Super Charger" and "Tesla Roadster" together...you...are...wrong. thefortunes is right to talk about false advertising with regards to this.

And, finally, people on here, myself included, might give you a little more slack if you weren't asking about $20,000 more than what a very-good condition non-sport Roadster is selling for these days.

I don't think anyone is trying to beat you up but, as you pointed out, this is a Tesla enthusiast website; you're dealing with people who DO know better.
Thank you for your feedback. As I have attempted to edit the original post to be reflective of the changes that were suggested by the other users on this thread, it appears that I cannot make changes to the OP. I have noted that in my follow up. As I was one of the very first owners of the CAN adapter by Henry and waited as he tried to build beta units, I believe that it was a rare object. Since it is now widely available, I will agree with you that it is not rare as it once was. I apologize for not following the status of the piece of equipment better. As for the asking price, there is room for negotiations but the overall price I feel is fair. If anyone would like to offer a price that they feel is fair that is what this forum is about. Since multiple people have contacted me directly about the price and offered what they feel is fair, I believe that I have positioned pricing correctly. If there are no buyers for this car here, then that is fine as well. Again, I appreciate all the feedback on this thread and hope to finally get a listing that will appease everyone.

Would you suggest that I close this post and start a new one based on the feedback? I have asked other commenters in a direct message to provide any feedback in order to make sure this post meets their needs. I am open and willing to make any changes to make sure the listing is 100% accurate.

Reactions: dhrivnak and ModelX
The OP has acknowledged the errors in his original post and he can no longer edit it to make corrections, but now we all know what the errors are. He says he has received responses from potential buyers, so hopefully a sale can be arranged and his Roadster can go to a new home.j

Good luck with your sale! Looks like a very nice car.

Reactions: dhrivnak

The price something is worth is what someone is willing to pay! Its obvious he has taken great care, invested and passionate about his Roadster. I appreciate the fact he has come to this forum to find a buyer who will appreciate and care for this amazing car! Ease up and let the gentlemen sale his Roadster.

The price something is worth is what someone is willing to pay! Its obvious he has taken great care, invested and passionate about his Roadster. I appreciate the fact he has come to this forum to find a buyer who will appreciate and care for this amazing car! Ease up and let the gentlemen sale his Roadster.

Thanks for the note. It seems most feedback is that the car should be priced at or around the high 80's to Mid 90's. While I feel the car is worth a bit more, you are right that the market determines value. Part of me wants to just roll her back in the garage and keep ahold of her. The other part (the wife) thinks we should get another Model S.

With that being said, I am willing to discuss offers in this area. I have a local group that will sell the car on consignment and they have a couple offers already as well. But I still would prefer to see it land in the hands of this very knowledgable group. Plus paying a consignment fee really irks me!

Thanks for the note. It seems most feedback is that the car should be priced at or around the high 80's to Mid 90's. While I feel the car is worth a bit more, you are right that the market determines value. Part of me wants to just roll her back in the garage and keep ahold of her. The other part (the wife) thinks we should get another Model S.

With that being said, I am willing to discuss offers in this area. I have a local group that will sell the car on consignment and they have a couple offers already as well. But I still would prefer to see it land in the hands of this very knowledgable group. Plus paying a consignment fee really irks me!

Keep the price up, hope your wife doesn't read the forum... and keep the roadster a little longer, it is roadster season coming up and who needs two model S? :)

it is roadster season coming up and who needs two model S? :)

This was my 1st thought when I 1st read this thread a few days ago.. every year around this time I start thinking about getting a second hand roadster. but I scarcely need one car.. let alone 2... but having driven Mercedes convertibles for many years, there is something to cruising around town with the top down. maybe I should have my 85D moded by that company... :)