Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2-factor authentication now showing in accounts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Enable Face ID" in the iPhone app hasn't been working since it was added two years ago...

I've tried turning it on at least five times now and it's never worked once.

Just set up MFA, without issue. Validated by signing out of Tesla app, and back in, immediately received prompt for 2nd factor. The setting to configure is located here:
upload_2020-10-6_13-45-30.png

Assume it also works in the car? Like if you have to reset the PIN?

Haven't tested myself, as I'm reluctant to type in my maximum character pw using that on screen keyboard, but I imagine it would... and tbh, that was my primary goal in setting up MFA as soon as it was available, is to reduce risk from the situation where someone, who happens to have the credentials, from being to authenticate and drive the car.

So, for all of you who use third party apps (teslafi, stats, teslamate, watch apps, etc), how does this impact the use of those apps? I dont use them, but many do...hard to imagine that no one who has currently jumped into this with 2 feet uses any of those apps.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stach
So, for all of you who use third party apps (teslafi, stats, teslamate, watch apps, etc), how does this impact the use of those apps? I dont use them, but many do...hard to imagine that no one who has currently jumped into this with 2 feet uses any of those apps.
I got a response from TeslaFi and Stats App saying they're good-to-go. I also use A Better Routeplanner heavily and posted an inquiry in their forum but haven't seen a response as yet. I haven't tried logout out of anything but the Tesla app itself to see what happens.

EDIT: and in case it wasn't obvious, I use TeslaFi heavily also, and use the Stats App too, but not that often.

Reactions: Bilen