Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 20’’ Induction Wheels vs 19" Replika R241 on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little bit on the fence and was wondering what are your thoughts on getting the standard 19" Gemini Wheels and replacing them with 19" Replika R241 over the more expensive 20" Induction Wheels?

So far I think the 20" Induction Wheels look a bit better than the Replika R241 which is, of course, subjective but other than that I'm not sure if there are other pros.
Replika's are cheaper, they also have a 19" version, and I could use the stock tires and it would help with the "amazing" roads we have in NYC. It may be just me, but Replika's look to be a bit more forgiving when it comes to curbs and parking. I saw the 20" Induction Wheels at the showroom the other day and I feel like they protrude a bit too much and you'd have to be extra careful not to damage them when parking next to a curb, but I may be wrong.

What I'm also wondering is how would they compare in terms of quality, range, and similar things that would require a closer look.

I am struggling with this as well while I wait for more confirmation of the heated steering wheel ;)

Another item to think about that has me leaning 20" Inductions are the tires; pretty solid Goodyear. Tire cost and quality needs to be thought about as well.

I am struggling with this as well while I wait for more confirmation of the heated steering wheel ;)

Another item to think about that has me leaning 20" Inductions are the tires; pretty solid Goodyear. Tire cost and quality needs to be thought about as well.

True! I’m also wondering if the stock wheels are made by Tesla or they have a 3rd party

I purchased the Gemini wheels with the intentions of getting Replika R241 19". I prefer the ride comfort of 19 over 20, and the R241's are lighter than both the 20" induction and 19" gemini wheels. I'm using the Gemini rims currently with winter tires right now. My summer setup will be the R241's.

That’s quite some helpful info!
Do you know what are the dimensions to look for in order to find out how much of the rim is protruding out of the tire? I’m wondering what’s the safer wheel when it comes to curb rash..
You'll want narrower rims. If you're going to get R241's, get the 19x8.5 +35. The oem tires will fit better and have more coverage in protecting the rims.