Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla $200 credit for charger — need mobile connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prairie

Model X LR 2022 delivered after 453 days
Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2021
Nebraska
I ordered MX in June 2021. Received MX in Sept 2022. I got notice of $200 credit which I thought was for no longer supplied mobile connector but find it only is for home charger. Any way to get the credit tranferred to purchase of mobile connector? I already own 3 home chargers for 3 garages, bought and installed way back when delivery was scheduled for early January 2022. The last thing I need is another home charger. I DO need a mobile charger for piece of mind when traveling to isolated place Away from interstates.

I ordered MX in June 2021. Received MX in Sept 2022. I got notice of $200 credit which I thought was for no longer supplied mobile connector but find it only is for home charger. Any way to get the credit tranferred to purchase of mobile connector? I already own 3 home chargers for 3 garages, bought and installed way back when delivery was scheduled for early January 2022. The last thing I need is another home charger. I DO need a mobile charger for piece of mind when traveling to isolated place Away from interstates.
I thought it was for mobile charger but could be used for home charger, were you notified in the email that it was only for home charger?

I too received my X in September 2022. The email specifically said the $200 credit is good for a Wall Charger or it will fully cover a mobile connector.

Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model X. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $200 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector.

Your car comes standard with the J1772 adapter, which can be used at any third-party charging station.
I tried adding Mobile connector and the order was completely free, or $200 for Wall Charger after the credit is applied.

I wish the code works for the new J1772 Wall Charger though. I already have Tesla Wall Charger and would like a J1772 for my Taycan.

I got notice of $200 credit which I thought was for no longer supplied mobile connector but find it only is for home charger.
No, that's not true.
I thought it was for mobile charger but could be used for home charger, were you notified in the email that it was only for home charger?
Here is my email from Tesla with the subject line: "Redeem Your Charging Solution"

"Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model Y. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $200 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector."

I did use my credit for a mobile connector.

No, that's not true.

Here is my email from Tesla with the subject line: "Redeem Your Charging Solution"

"Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model Y. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $200 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector."

I did use my credit for a mobile connector.
I finally got the credit to work.

Reactions: brkaus
Today, I just received the email for the free mobile charger. Which one did you get? I see there is a Corded Mobile Connector Nema 14-50 Plug (out of stock) and a Mobile Connector that included a 5-15 adapter and a 14-50 adapter. Which one to get for the free mobile connector?

Which one did you get? I see there is a Corded Mobile Connector Nema 14-50 Plug (out of stock) and a Mobile Connector that included a 5-15 adapter and a 14-50 adapter. Which one to get for the free mobile connector?
The corded one can do 40A, and I think is noticeably more expensive, so the free credit in the email wouldn't cover it. They do let you use it as partial credit toward a wall connector, so probably could use it for this too, maybe? The standard Mobile Connector can do 32A and is the one that the credit is priced to fully cover.

Also, the "corded" one has only a 14-50 plug permanently molded on, so that's it. The regular Mobile one is the one that can use the interchangeable adapters for different plug types.

Today, I just received the email for the free mobile charger. Which one did you get? I see there is a Corded Mobile Connector Nema 14-50 Plug (out of stock) and a Mobile Connector that included a 5-15 adapter and a 14-50 adapter. Which one to get for the free mobile connector?
I got 5-15 and 14-50. J1772 is NOT included. And for the record this is for the gen 3 charger. Limited to 32 amps like gen 2. Gen 1 was capped at 40 amps.

There hasn't been a 3rd generation of the UMC. We're still on 2nd Gen. And yes, the 1st Gen was the one that could do 40A and had differently shaped adapters.
My mistake. I thought there was a gen 3 of UMC but I see it’s the wall connector is Gen 3. I had a 2018 UMC and a 2022 UMC and the part number weren’t the same. So I thought that was gen 3. Oops. Thanks for the correction.

The corded one can do 40A, and I think is noticeably more expensive, so the free credit in the email wouldn't cover it. They do let you use it as partial credit toward a wall connector, so probably could use it for this too, maybe? The standard Mobile Connector can do 32A and is the one that the credit is priced to fully cover.

Also, the "corded" one has only a 14-50 plug permanently molded on, so that's it. The regular Mobile one is the one that can use the interchangeable adapters for different plug types.
I do not have home charging and will have to use Level 2 and SC network.