Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2016 FaceLift with AP1 MCU2 upgrade question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am awaiting the V5C form back as the dealer does not have the app registered. It is set limit to charge at 70%, the range shown as 190miles.
UnabletoClaimOwnership2.png
range.jpg

The dealer confirms that Tesla mobile technical who came to fix the vehicle door handle state that the battery life is still 100%.
Dorwin, you can register the car without the V5. Proof of purchase and VIN will suffice. I did it with my 2017 Model S long before the documents arrived from DVLA. I seem to remember I did it on my desktop with photos of purchasing docs and other bits of info it requested.

Reactions: dorwin6
I am awaiting the V5C form back as the dealer does not have the app registered. It is set limit to charge at 70%, the range shown as 190miles.
UnabletoClaimOwnership2.png
range.jpg

The dealer confirms that Tesla mobile technical who came to fix the vehicle door handle state that the battery life is still 100%.
While the car is plugged into a charger you should be able to slide the limit up or down on screen, including up to 100%. The issue more relevant is what 100% represents - slide the limit line to 100% and the screen will indicate the potential maximum 'quoted' range. Look here to see how that compares to the original specification and also to get a feel for what is realistic.

Hi,

The images reveal a normal Tesla model S as far as I can tell. I have a 90D and it looks similar to this around the headlights. The internal trim overlap is very small so its very easy for the rubber gasket to look as yours does. You should probably pay more attention to the underside - along the sills and at the battery pack. You might also want to have a look at the Tesla owners club for various owners guides etc (very good section about protecting the battery when the car is jacked up for example).

Spanish

Hi,

The images reveal a normal Tesla model S as far as I can tell. I have a 90D and it looks similar to this around the headlights. The internal trim overlap is very small so its very easy for the rubber gasket to look as yours does. You should probably pay more attention to the underside - along the sills and at the battery pack. You might also want to have a look at the Tesla owners club for various owners guides etc (very good section about protecting the battery when the car is jacked up for example).

Spanish

Do you mind sharing some photo of your headlights? If it is a manufacture's fault, I would have thought the previous owner could have report it and get it fix. It doesnt have rubber beside the headlights, only gaps, yes, I should put on the highest air suspension mode and check the bottom. Thanks,

While the car is plugged into a charger you should be able to slide the limit up or down on screen, including up to 100%. The issue more relevant is what 100% represents - slide the limit line to 100% and the screen will indicate the potential maximum 'quoted' range. Look here to see how that compares to the original specification and also to get a feel for what is realistic.
Thanks Henry, I will give that ago. I set the limit today to 80%, the charge show about 200 miles range, and full trip from app shows is 228 miles range. Is the vehicle battery ok or have it been heavily footed before?

Dorwin, you can register the car without the V5. Proof of purchase and VIN will suffice. I did it with my 2017 Model S long before the documents arrived from DVLA. I seem to remember I did it on my desktop with photos of purchasing docs and other bits of info it requested.
Thanks Jimbo (I managed to speak to Dartford Service Centre), after providing the invoice and dealership v5c form, they have transferred it to my Tesla account. The service centre can do that for us. I've email to [email protected] to provide the information as I have no responds from [email protected].

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Thanks Henry, I will give that ago. I set the limit today to 80%, the charge show about 200 miles range, and full trip from app shows is 228 miles range. Is the vehicle battery ok or have it been heavily footed before?
Assuming you have the 19” wheels the original quoted range would have been 249 miles (based on the link I posted earlier) so yours is about 10% down which looks pretty typical and nothing to worry about. Tesla warranty that the battery should deliver 70% of stated range at 8 years.